Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 07:27:21 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Brother Db2-b797 value

Started by cthomps, September 10, 2014, 07:13:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomps

I have the opportunity to either buy this machine outright or trade work hours.  Do any of you have an opinion as to the value?  I am guessing it is about 10 years old. Runs well and I have sewn on it for about 6 months.   Is there such a thing as a "blue book" of industrial sewing machines?  Thanks  Carol
"Trying to make a living, one stitch at a time."

Mojo

Carol:

Your best bet is to call Bob Kovar. He can give you a price that you should pay.

Bob knows every machine out there and knows their values as he deals in used machines all the time.

I will tag him on this link and see if I can get the old man to jump on here and answer your question for you.

Chris

sofadoc

I've always sewn on triple -feed machines (the presser foot, feed dog, and needle all move in unison).

I understand that this particular Brother model is a dual feed (only the foot and feed dog move together.......but not the needle). The needle just goes up and down independently, but it doesn't "walk" with the other 2 parts.

I see models like that one on Craigslist often for around $900. I think that is way too much for a used dual feed, when you can get a brand new triple-feed for just a few hundred dollars more.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

Carol:

Bob is having difficulties signing on to the forum. He did tell me that
the average cost would be $ 500 - 600 depending on condition.

Chris

cthomps

I ended up paying him cash for the machine. I thought it would be better than to be tied to him until the time is used up.  $400.00.  I think I did ok.  Got him to toss in the swing away binder as well.  Thanks for the advise!
"Trying to make a living, one stitch at a time."

Mojo

Carol:

That was a good deal based on what Bob told me.

Congrats,

Chris

sofadoc

If you've already been sewing on it and you're happy with it, I think $400 is a price that's fair to both of you. 
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website