Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 12:32:58 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

have you ever seen canvas rot

Started by Mike, August 27, 2014, 07:37:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

made a bow cover last season for a boat I sits on a boat lift all year in the florida sun. the owner visited his house last week and foud the cover shreaded   the cover had a water puddle stain on the right side and the left side is a sheaded mess

assuming if the pole fell over and water puddled and the weight tore the rotted canvas. ive seen gallons of water on a cover b4 and it may have tears at some snaps but never rotted canvas also. in fact ive always had to release the cover to drain the water

this is how easily it tears
only one season old

MinUph

What fabric was thar Mike?
Florida sun eats everything down here.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

Never seen fabric rot like that in a years time. There had to be an issue from the factory. I am just glad Miami and Outdura stepped up and made it right for you.

Chris

JuneC

Never saw anything like that.  I've seen pelican poop eat holes in canvas (uric acid) and rats chew holes in canvas, and iguanas shred it with their claws, but obviously the way you can rip it with two fingers indicates a mfg. issue.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

Well i think the owner may have been careless with the pole (not tight) and it fell when he was gone and the cover held water. Even still ive never seen traped water rott the canvas so fast ive seen it tear at the snaps anway (thumbs up) to miami corp   After loosing mike i didnt hope for much. But the new guy stepped up. Rite mojo.