Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 11:24:22 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Coaming Pad Backer Board

Started by regalman190, August 14, 2014, 01:36:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

Where is the best place to buy the PVC Foam board used for coaming pads?
Regal Canvas

Darren Henry

Little or no call for it here in my area; but the couple of times I did use something like that I got some "inta-cell" from my buddy the sign maker. It's a solid pvc sheet ( I believe 4X8, if memory serves) that we used for bill boards etc...It is heat moldable * and as far as strength,flex,etc... 1/8" thinner than ply wood. i.e 3/8 inta-cell is like 1/2" plywood---5/8 =3/4---etc...Accepts and holds staples as well or better than plywood.

Only down side is it can "gum up" when cutting if it gets too hot. Use a course blade and medium/low speed and it's cat's.

*Small areas I used my heat gun, but on large pieces I couldn't keep a large enough area supple; so I BBQ'd it!  :D 2-3 minutes per side on low.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

JuneC

Regal, you're in Pompano Beach these days right?  Get it from Piedmont Plastics - just south of Sample Road and between I-95 and the Turnpike.  TONS of plastic sheet type products and great customer service.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

zafar500

Mike

November 30, 2014, 05:40:05 pm #4 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:40:40 pm by Mike
I just bought a 1/2" 4x8 sheet from keyston $100 or a bit more  bit not much delivered flat rate $16