Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:57:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

New foam slab dimensions

Started by baileyuph, August 01, 2014, 06:41:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

Often when I sell new foam for furniture cushions, the available stock is 24" X 82" and my job requirement can be wider, for example 28" X 30".   Frustrating for obvious reasons.

Question:  Do most of your foam suppliers sell the slabs this size or wider and a bit longer?

If the supplier is in the Midwest or close, let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Doyle

MinUph

Where we get ours thats called a half sheet. full sheets are 48 x 80. And he generally has 27 wide also. I remember up north in Syracuse foam sheets were 102" in length. Don't know if thats still the norm up there.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

I get some really nice 48" X 82" foam from US Foam in Cincinnati. 2.7 density/50 lbs. compression. It ain't cheap though. A 6" slab is around $150. Free shipping over $100.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

JuneC

55 x 82.  I like large sheets - less waste and glueing.  That's for conventional foam.  Marine foam (dri-fast) comes 50 x 121 - even better.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

bobbin

What I usually use comes 24 or 30x108.  I have ordered 5", but it's available in 6" also (2.7 and 35#, meets Ca. Tech#117). 

I can also order something with a 2.6, 45# (also Ca. Tech #117) by special order.  30"w is by special order.  And I can get the same product in 65#, but in 24" width (maybe wider by special order, not sure). 

I don't keep foam in stock, buying it by the order.  I buy from a local supplier and I pick it up myself, I can cram 7 rolls of 30" 5" foam in my ride.  The only thing I've seen in a 48" width is reticulated foam, which is also available in 35 or 50#. 

chrisberry12

I buy my foam from Albany Foam and Supply. They manufacture the foam. You can get several different thicknesses and sizes. They do do special order but the size you are looking for is readily available Here is their site address. Check them out.  http://www.albanyfoam.com/

papasage

my foam supplier delivers every month and i git it in 54 x75 sheets . thy are  $131 90 a sheet the lux foam .
reg poly is 4x78x80 it is $142.80 .
just recovering 40 years

CindysCustom

Active Foam Products carries foam in 30", 48" and 60" wide.   They are in Chicago, Milwaukee and Michigan