Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 11:17:15 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

time crushes

Started by Mike, June 25, 2014, 06:53:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

so I get nothing for a while then the dealer in town I work with called me for some prices I get the go ahead on a snap on cockpit and cover but before I can do it they needed a bimini top them got to goahead a week later on that full cover over the t top  themn im going to do  the cockpit cover  but I get a call today if they get a pontoon there Friday  can I make a forward zipp together bimini if they have the frame and matching canvas ( really ill need binding and zippers for sure. what color ?so if I have rto order anything Friday it will get here Monday lol

bobbin

Yee-ha! beats the alternative, though, doesn't it?  It was like that for me earlier this spring.  Things have quieted down now (better for my blood pressure), and I'm certain I'll soon be fretting about "lack of work".  Lol.

Mojo

Take it while you have it Mike. Strange, this should be your slow season right now. You always seem to slow down right about now after the snowbirds have left. I have slowed down considerably and have four orders to crank out this weekend and then I have an empty board. I have a big job coming in from the West Coast but no idea when. Probably in two weeks.

Things always slow down this time of year for me which is a good thing. I schedule my chemo runs to coincide with the downturn so in the end it all works out. My wife has been grabbing orders and doing them which got me out of a serious backlog. 2 of these orders I am doing this weekend are from the first week of May. I told both customers that it would be July before they were done and both were cool with that.

I just plan on limping along now till my body adjusts to the poison and then I should be good to go this fall when things start hitting the fan again. We are trying to squeeze in a trip north to see the grandkids but are held down in Tampa until the wife hears from Immigration. She is due to be sworn in as an American Citizen and thankfully Australia now allows dual citizenship. She is so excited.

Bobbin. You are so right. We fret when we are busy and then fret when we get slow. I don't think it is a matter of not ever being happy but rather just being OCD with our schedules and project time lines. :)

Glad your busy Mike. if I cannot fish neither can you......:)

Chris

Mike

June 26, 2014, 08:45:40 am #3 Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:34:55 pm by Mike
Oh aside from this dealer rush i am slow.
Bobbin i loose travk of the calendar here. When i was in NH dummer went to fast. I had early sale with salmow fishermen and dealer boat sales. Then  wehad a fishi g der y in may that was busy with my bait.  Then laconia bike week this past week was a time event.
Then the fourth of july and summer seemed all downhill d home week in august
The first orange leave sighted in sept  yuck. Kid went back to school a d with football parents did t use there boats even on weekends.  I really like it here it just slows down.   Oh ua i shrunkeraped blats up till thanksgiving. I still have my shwrinkwrap gun with a 6 foot extentiln if anyone needs one id sell it.