Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 09:30:38 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

ALL SPORT VINYL

Started by Mike, May 18, 2014, 06:01:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

yes ive never used Allsport I have a pwc im going to recover can I really streach to install the vinyl with no seam like this seat only one color

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/edheiser/006-5.jpg

MinUph

Thats supposed to be the case mike. Lets us know how it works. I've wanted to try allsport myself. You might need a heat gun for that seat also.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

BCKC

ALL SPORT  Is soOoo freakin awesome to work with!!!!

It screams (((( it screams....bend me, mold me....shape me..lol )))))) Just really bites to sew! you have to under cut patterns to make a snug tight fit.  That stuff will stretch nine ways to Sunday!!!!
Would love to see the end results Mike!!!

Karen
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them........http://www.candcupholsterydesigns.com

Darren Henry

I use it alot on ATV seats.With it being in two colours like that I can't see you needing the heat gun.Most quad seats are very similar to the front piece and I do them in one colour.I find if I do the four corners first, and pull them good and tight it works best.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

Darren I had a guy stop over last week who had the same seat he had bought off ebay some purple vinyl to cover the same 2 seats the add saud streach and staple no seams. it was normal marine vinyl and I said id need a seam aat least at the back of the seat. he was fixing up skis to sell and thought he didn't have me do the seat I ended up buying a ski off him sunday so I want to do those seats all yello that pic was only to show the shape ive never did one without seam and never tried allsport. . the guys is looking for a used boat and me a second ski so we may barter a deal with upholstery/ canvas towards a ski

Mojo

All Sport is awesome. I used it on a boat interior and loved the way it worked and stretched. 4 way bias is the bee's knees........:)

Chris

Mike

did you ever get that wellcraft in the water chris?

Mojo

Nope. Never did. NO Time........

Pretty bad isn't it......:(

Chris

Mike

May 20, 2014, 09:54:53 pm #8 Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:55:18 pm by Mike
I know how that can be , I havnt used mine since I watched the Christmas boat parade last November  :(

NDAV8R

I have used Allsport in a similar situation on some ATV Seats. It will definitely spoil you!. Depends on the manufacturer, they do have two grades of Allsport... one in regular characteristics of vinyl and a more "grippier" texture, that I have used on motorcycles and snowmobiles. All my jobs were just black in color.

NDAV8R

Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

Mike

The card i have from miami corp has the gripier black too. Do you notice thst it may hold dirt better also ?

JuneC

I've heard from several riders that the gripper vinyl will chafe your inner thighs pretty badly unless you're in the habit of wearing either very long shorts or skins.  Just a consideration.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

seatbuilder

I use it a lot. I really can be put on a lot of seats with no seam at all. I use it to cover dirt bike seats for that reason.

Allan

Is this product made by All Sports or another manufacturer
I haven't seen it in Oz by that name maybe called something else or we just don't have it in this country

Allan

Darren Henry

Most likely just a different name down your way. One of my suppliers up here in the Great White North(eh!) has a couple of "4 way stretch" or "all way stretch" vinyls. If you like, I'll gladly scan/e-mail the tech data side of my sample card so you can run it by your suppliers. [I think I've updated my e-addy, but just in case it's djhenry@wcgwave.ca..

If they don't have it ; just send me a ticket and I'll bring you some right after Christmas. P-L-E-A-S-E LOL.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!