Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 08:23:09 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Furniture Friends

Started by byhammerandhand, May 13, 2014, 10:19:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

Now, I like pets as much as your average guy.   I was on a call a couple of months ago where every piece of upholstered furniture had a "furniture friend" on it.   I'm thinking, why would I buy nice upholstered furniture, then cover it with these tarps?   I'd rather train my pets to stay off.  I didn't know what they were until I ran across this sale item.

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

I still get a lot of calls from customers wanting me to make clear vinyl slip covers. I had one lady who wanted me to take all of her sofa fabric off, have it cleaned and laminated, and put it back on.

"Furniture friend"........upholsterer's enemy.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

Hammer
A pet has no boundaries in most homes and mine unconditionally.  I don't think they are any danger to new work - but I'd rather see folks use them than declaw.  Fabrics don't stain so easy from a sleeping angel
SA

byhammerandhand

I remember those when I was a kid, from "Fingerhut."   And on Marie and Frank Barone's couch (Everybody Loves Raymond).

I still see a few white slip seat dining chairs with plastic wrap on them.   It seems to be an African American thing; that's about the only time I see them.

Quote from: sofadoc on May 13, 2014, 11:45:23 am
I still get a lot of calls from customers wanting me to make clear vinyl slip covers.

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

I don't think the Furniture Friend product in the pic is designed to protect against pets.

If a dog wants to chew the cushion, that cover isn't going to stop him. And if a cat wants to scratch, it'll probably be on the lower unprotected outside areas anyway.

The cover in the pic looks more like it is designed to protect against the filthiest, most untrained animal of all........the sweaty, pork rind eatin', beer slurpin'  male humanoid.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

byhammerandhand

May 14, 2014, 05:17:19 am #5 Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:32:56 am by byhammerandhand
AKA   Homo sapiens bubba?

As someone who cleans a lot of upholstery, I see a lot of pet damage -- dirt, saliva, food, vomit, body oil, hair, and of course urine.   I see that from people too :-)

------------------------

Bubba walked into a doctor's office and the receptionist asked him what he had. Bubba said: 'Shingles.' So she wrote down his name, address, medical insurance number and told him to have a seat.

Fifteen minutes later a nurse's aide came out and asked Bubba what he had.

Bubba said, 'Shingles.' So she wrote down his height, weight, a complete medical history and told Bubba to wait in the examining room.

A half hour later a nurse came in and asked Bubba what he had. Bubba said, 'Shingles.' So the nurse gave Bubba a blood test, a blood pressure test, an electrocardiogram, and told Bubba to take off all his clothes and wait for the doctor.

An hour later the doctor came in and found Bubba sitting patiently in the nude and asked Bubba what he had. Bubba said, 'Shingles.' The doctor asked, 'Where?'

Bubba said, 'Outside on the truck. Where do you want me to unload 'em??'
Keith

Mike

Speaking of the barones. Overex couch my dad wheni was a kid got a new ford and all the seats had that textured clear. Inyl seat covers that. Kept them noce cor the next guy remember?

My 2 new pups the female is more spaniel a d has learned she can jump first onto my lap. Noe she will jump up next to me and sleep on the leather couch.
She doese shed so its easy to clean. as long as she dosent  chew.

Grebo

Quote from: sofadoc on May 13, 2014, 06:51:05 pm
I don't think the Furniture Friend product in the pic is designed to protect against pets.

If a dog wants to chew the cushion, that cover isn't going to stop him. And if a cat wants to scratch, it'll probably be on the lower unprotected outside areas anyway.

The cover in the pic looks more like it is designed to protect against the filthiest, most untrained animal of all........the sweaty, pork rind eatin', beer slurpin'  male humanoid.

Spot on there...

'His' corner of the sofa is a mess. That 'friend' needs to be disposable.

The animals are non destructive but do leave  a lot of fur behind.

Suzi

Mike

Here my friend shes learned to junp well