Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 08:23:43 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Quick question on Phifertex.

Started by Grebo, May 13, 2014, 07:33:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

May 13, 2014, 07:33:40 am Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:34:18 am by Grebo
Is it suitable for the underside of outside cushions ( boats ) with vinyl tops.
I usually use a product simply called drain cloth, but I have a chance to add some phifertex to another order.
I know it gets mentioned here from time to time but I have never used it.
Its considerably cheaper than my regular product.

Thanks
Suzi

JuneC

I use it for that purpose all the time.  Great stuff IMHO.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

Grebo

Cool, great I will add it to the order.

Thanks gang.

Suzi

forsailbyowner

While were on the phifertex subject, how much a difference and what is the difference in the phifertex plus? Salesman asks regular or plus everytime I order.

JuneC

The "plus" is a much more dense weave.  I've used it for solar shades across the windshields of yachts.  You can see through it, but as I recall, it's light blocking is something like 93%.  Across the windshield it's great.  Add the salon windows and you'll need the lights on inside in broad daylight. 

I've also used the plus for cushion bottoms as it drains pretty well and hides the foam from UV better than the regular, but don't use it on a regular basis because of the expense.  I've only ever used my leftover solar shade scraps for this purpose. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

bobbin

Love it! but use the more open weave stuff for under-cushions (why pay more?).  I use it all the time when I have to use closed cell or reticulated foam.  (see below)

Also:  Phifertex has a fabulous line of mesh products that are above and beyond "basic"... I'm working hard to promote them for cockpit seating on yachts whose owners are not keen and dragging the cushions in and out every day. 

forsailbyowner

Thanks!! That knowledge could be useful soon. My next work stop is in the keys and  this time of year everybodies looking for shade.

Mike

forsale are you still in tampa? when do you head north ?

on your way to the keys if your in the harbor stop by