Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:25:45 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

1 st Show Done

Started by Mojo, May 08, 2014, 05:28:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I finished the first show and am sitting in Florence, Kentucky taking a break. Will be in Sevierville, TN for the second show tomorrow.

The first show I was a bit concerned about as I thought I only booked 5 orders. Turns out Heather, ( my booth girl ) booked 16. Just putting my schedule together and it looks like the orders will run into July. I nearly didn't book this show as I thought I was played out with this Association. Glad I decided to go. I guess it helps having a pretty lady in the booth versus my ugly old face....LOL..

Had to rattle MiamiMike's cage and have him drop ship me more 303 products at my next show. I brought enough for booth shows but Heather sold out all of our products in Indiana.

I never met Heather before and knew nothing about her except what my friend said. I trained her via e-mails and phone calls prior to the show and she was a quick study. She was a rock star and knocked that show out of the park. I was very blessed and showed my appreciation with a nice fat paycheck. Thank God I had her as I only spent a total of 30 minutes in the booth the entire week. I was out trouble shooting awning and slide topper assemblies and doing inspections ( over 40 again ). She took a huge weight off my shoulders and was the best booth staff I have ever had. :)

The next show is going to be much smaller. I set a goal of 4 orders for this one. Again I have 4 more seminars to conduct and hopefully very few inspections. I am getting to old for this crap. Climbing up and down 40 buses is a killer. My knees have been screaming for Celebrex. Thankfully I have a bunch on board.

I am ahead of schedule on my trip so am taking my time getting to the next show. Hope all of you guys and gals are doing well. Take care and have a great weekend. Pictures latter.

Chris

bobbin

Your life is so glamorous.  Going to shows, "seeing and being seen"... Seriously, that's a lot of really hard work and I'll bet you're tired.  Booking enough work to stay busy is the key, I've found.  The real trick is find your niche(s) and figure out the easiest way to access it.  (I'd say you've done it!).

byhammerandhand

Dag, you should have let us know. Gene and I could have met you for dinner or something.  Florence Y'all is just across town from me.

Quote from: Mojo on May 08, 2014, 05:28:37 am
I finished the first show and am sitting in Florence, Kentucky taking a break. ...

Chris
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Mojo

I had no idea you and Gene lived in that area otherwise I would have surely got in touch for a meet and greet.

Next trip through there we will plan ahead and meet up for dinner.

OMG, I forgot how bad the traffic is here in Gatlinburg. What a frigging zoo. I missed my turn into the RV park and had to go down to the next block and make a U'ey. I cut through this little gas station and people looking at this 65 ft long rig driving in between the pumps thought I was a looney tune. Looking back on it, it probably wasn't a smart move on my part. :)

I get a couple days of R & R before the dog and pony show starts all over again. Plan on maybe hitting the flea market tomorrow and just chilling for a day or so.

Chris

Mike

good news  chris when I did the boat show here it was 4 das sitting talking all day in a booth making appointment's , I had four days not producing work and the following week not getting much done with the appointment's .. ive got 6 years now without it enjoys your downtime looks like you will be busy when you return