Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 08:31:48 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Move is Complete

Started by regalman190, May 01, 2014, 05:49:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

Well, the move is complete. Relocated the business from New York to Florida. What a wild ride it's been.
But you can't beat the weather. Final move day was in the 40's and rainy. Two days later in South Florida and it's pushing 90!
Regal Canvas

MinUph

Being from Syracuse I know what you left. Good move. It will take some "getting use to" time but you won't find and snow blowers here :)

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

chrisberry12

hey Paul, were you in liverpool? On Sunflower?

MinUph

Chris,
I'm no longer in Liverpool. Moved yo Fl. 8 yes ago. Was on Glendale Ave then.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

regalman190

Not too far from you Paul. I was in Rochester. Weather is so much better here. I know it's hot, but way better than sub zero temps and snow for 6 months.
Regal Canvas

Mojo

Congrats and welcome to the sunshine State. :)

Chris

bobbin

Regal. you are forbidden to complain about the heat.  Ever.  :)

JuneC

Congrats!  You'll love the sunshine state.  I'm sure once you get to where you can deal with the summer heat, you'll be happy you made the move. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

your going to love it joe.  my first sumner here was hot I wwas dragging a canvas trailer shop around sweating inside downing a big gulp, now its not bad at all  its been 10 years now and I cant imagine I waited so long

kodydog

Welcome to Florida Regal. Where are you.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

regalman190

Thanks all! The heat takes some getting used too, but I love the area and the weather.

kodydog....I'm in Pompano Beach.
Regal Canvas

MinUph

Takes a good 3-4 years to get use to the heat and then its still hot in the Summer. But great weather.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

JuneC

Well shoot!  You're 15 minutes down the road from me.  Now I know where to send my canvas inquiries since I'm all done with that stuff.  PM me if you need any help with local suppliers for whatever.  I'm sure you already know Manart is right there off Atlantic.  When we get the boat in the water you'll have to come out with us one day. 

June

W. C. Fields

Mike

June how long has it been waiting to get wet?

JuneC

It's been on the hard since August of last year, Mike.  And we're really anxious to finish up, but still, after all this time, want it done right.  So, no rush - just get it done.  I think we're about 3 weeks away from splashing it, but who knows.  If customers get us busy, it'll be a while.  Such is life.... sigh.

June

W. C. Fields