Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 07, 2024, 07:08:48 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

60 ga. Strataglass for Roll Ups

Started by regalman190, April 25, 2014, 08:08:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

I have a customer who is requesting new windows in 60 ga. Strataglass. The windows will have roll up U-Zippers.

Has anyone had problems with this? Is it too stiff too roll up?

Also, what do you use to cut the U-shape?

Thanks
Regal Canvas

Mike

It rolls fine i have a sample in my briefxase to show.
As car as the  shape i have a piece of cardboard with a larve about 20" radius. On the window i mark a verticle line along the verticle  wdge of the eindow a few inches away and the same at the bottom a nd use the curve to make the corners. So i dont have a perfect "u". It follows the window with rounded corner at the bottom of the smiley zippers.

Mike

April 25, 2014, 11:01:34 am #2 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:09:07 am by Mike
This way joe i have the largest openi g for air   Here the same pricipal was used on thees 2 large side windows.

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/Flybridge/photo-11.jpg
Or

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/Flybridge/55.jpg

JuneC

I always did mine the same as Mike.  Follow the window line and just curve the corners.  In this part of the world it's nice to have them mostly open, so the narrower the bindings, the better. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

regalman190

Thanks Mike & June. I make them the same as you both.
My bigger concern was the stiffness of the 60 ga. for rolling up.
Do you still use scissors or score the curves with a blade?
Regal Canvas

Mike

I score. There was a time a few years  sen e i seen it happen ( though i havnt seen alot of windows latly) the after scoring as tearinf the vinyl would crack. Uning the piece.