Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 06:20:24 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

replacing feather fillings

Started by sinethomas, April 12, 2014, 10:58:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sinethomas

I have a nice sofa from Heals, that just needs recovering and the cushions refilling. The old cushions are feather and are pretty shot. I would like to replace with foam and feather, but the prices I see are so variable I don't know what to expect.

Are there any recommended firms that do a good work for filling the inners? The cushions themselves are quite large, about 32"x28", and I did wonder if feather & foam is the best for this size.

Thanks.

kodydog

A foam core wrapped with a feather casing is a good choice. Although expensive. To get a nice tailored look your local upholstery shop should be able to set you up.

Less expensive options would be to buy some feather bed pillows and stuff your cushions to your comfort. Or a foam core wrapped with dacron. Most cushions are done this way. But this would be a downgrade from feather cushions.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html