Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 07:31:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Had a bad day

Started by sofadoc, April 08, 2014, 06:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

4 hours at the ER. 9 stitches. All I did was stumble. I used my left pinkie to break my fall (I'm right handed). Any of you guys have a similar injury? If so, how bad did it slow you down at work?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

DANG..........Bet that hurt. Ouchie......

Digits can heal a little slow sometimes. It is worse as we get older. Everything heals slower.

At least it was your left hand and not your dominant right. That would have slowed you way down.
Hope it heals up quickly for you Dennis.

If it is any consolation I stumbled the other day and fell flat on my fat ass. I tripped going backwards over a saw I had laying on the ground. Not fun but was probably funny if anyone was watching.

:)

Chris

Mike

oh man that hurts just looking at it .  hope you can get along ok

SteveA

Dennis -
Wish you a quick recovery.  Hands are our bread + butter but I know even limited you'll push on.

On a lighter note :  5-6 of us can fly in to help out while you heal - just send the tickets and book the rooms at the Marriott - and we need a car and expenses - but we're there for you buddy  !

SA

bobbin

Oh OUCH!  It'll mend, keep the splint on it and "baby it".  I bet it really hurt when they realigned it. 

I managed to wrench the daylights out of my back on Sunday (wrestling 6" latex foam into position to cut the new bevel).  It took my breath away and I broke out in a sweat (wuss!), but it really hurt.  I immediately began icing it and put in a call to the chiropractor, they saw me first thing Monday, and I'm still a little tender, but back on track. 

I switched from foam wrestling to layouts, cutting, estimates, so was able to keep forgeing ahead.  Good thing, it's busy!

byhammerandhand

Ouch.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

Take care of that back Bobbin. I could chop off a left pinkie and still be able to do this work. But if your back goes out, you're screwed.

slow96z

Wow!  Well, I guess it's like the say... "If you're going to do something, do it right."  I have broken my hand, arms, foot, gums (yeah, gums) but never a finger like that.  Keep it immobilized and it'll be fine.  The good news is now you will always know when it's going to rain or be cold outside.

brmax

That's a pain, ow! man that hurts I can see a big bottle of advils is needed
Try and have a good day

sofadoc

Quote from: SteveA on April 09, 2014, 04:04:14 am
5-6 of us can fly in to help out while you heal - just send the tickets and book the rooms at the Marriott - and we need a car and expenses - but we're there for you buddy  !
All I can offer you, is a can of beer and 6 straws. Oh, and bring a sheet of foam (so you'll have something to sleep on).

Quote from: brmax on April 09, 2014, 10:38:05 am
I can see a big bottle of advils is needed
Advil......schmadvil. I got me a big ole' bottle of Hydros.

Darren Henry

Damn!!! that thing hurts from up here LOL.Wish you  a speedy recovery.

QuoteAny of you guys have a similar injury? If so, how bad did it slow you down at work?

I thundered in off a ladder a couple of years ago and broke my calcaneus [heel bone]. I had to learn to sew with my left foot and a few other changes for a while. I definitely needed help to move stuff around the shop, but it wasn't too too bad.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

west coast

OOOOUCH jeebus that looks painful keep it high above your heart for a few days to keep the throbbing at a bearable level and a liberal shot of whiskey taken as needed ... Doctors orders well a furniture doctor  but we know pain so consider it a prescription. Take it easy because you know you will bang it on something if you don't

sofadoc

In the 2 days following my injury, I was able to do 8 cushions from start to finish. Not bad, I guess.
I still can't lift any furniture, though.

mike802

Ouch Sofa, sorry to hear about your injury.  I hope you get well soon, but don't worry to much you know what they say about old upholsters, "They always recover!"
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Mike

it looked bloody did the bone poke out?  as a kid I had a compound fracture of my collar bone in a bike accident the bone was sticking out of my neck