Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 01:58:40 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

sewing fascia to inside arm

Started by evanbever, April 05, 2014, 09:06:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

If his bobbin is on the left side the needle is in the correct position. I see no drop in bobbin on the right side so I'm guessing it is on the left. Hence the bobbin hook will also be on the left.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

bobbin

The only industrial machines I've ever seen with bobbin cases on the left were double needles. 

MinUph

Most  consews are on the left. My phaff was on the right.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Quote from: MinUph on April 10, 2014, 09:12:12 am
Most  consews are on the left. My phaff was on the right.
The access door is on the left (on any bottom load machine), but technically isn't the vertical bobbin case still to the right of the needle just like a top load? So the scarf is still facing right?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

bobbin

April 10, 2014, 10:46:14 am #19 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:56:49 pm by bobbin
Yeah, that's how it is on both my vertical axis (duh!) Jukis, my Singer 31-15, and my W&G rotary take up.  Ditto all my old household machines, except the zig-zag... that one the bobbin case is behind the needle and it faces the front.  

evanbever

Hello all, I went to a local sewing machine repair guy today and sure enough, the needle does have a scarf, and I had it turned the wrong way! He is coming out next week to check the machine for any timing issues given the skipped stiches and for any burrs that might be making the thread fray. Thank you all so much for your comments, especially yours June nice to see another lady on the forum, I am learning so much from my mistakes and from all of you, very grateful for the help.

bobbin

MinUph

April 10, 2014, 06:24:45 pm #22 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:26:07 pm by MinUph
Quote from: sofadoc on April 10, 2014, 09:51:15 am
Quote from: MinUph on April 10, 2014, 09:12:12 am
Most  consews are on the left. My phaff was on the right.
The access door is on the left (on any bottom load machine), but technically isn't the vertical bobbin case still to the right of the needle just like a top load? So the scarf is still facing right?

Hmmmm I guess another look is in order.

Well I just di look at my Consew and the hook is on the right so I guess I was just talking through mu A*# there. Sorry.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Quote from: MinUph on April 10, 2014, 06:24:45 pm
so I guess I was just talking through mu A*# there. Sorry.
No need to be sorry. We often discuss these things at night when we're away from the shop, and sometimes I can't picture the simplest things in my mind until I go back to the shop and look the next day.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

evanbever

Hi there Bobbin! Nice to meet you

bobbin

Bingo on that, Sofa.!  I have always struggled with "right" and "left", lol.  I operate more efficiently with Port and Starboard... just seems easier for some reason. 

Evan., it takes a long time to really understand the mechanics of a sewing machine.  If you are "fresh off" the home machine that does a zig-zag stitch the scene is a little weird.  And that's why knowing how to identify the scarf of the needle is important.  Once you now where (what!) the scarf is you have taken a big step toward "self-sufficiency" with respect to machinery.  The sisterhood thrives here (Dede, Jojo, Grebo, June, Bobbin, and several others who pop in periodically), welcome to the "club". 

Darren Henry

QuoteThe sisterhood thrives here

Speaking of which---Has anyone heard from Karen (BCKC) , our little Oklahoma whirlwind, since she lost her husband Buddy? I see she hasn't posted here--maybe over on Carr's site or a PM to someone???
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!