Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 02:20:17 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How to screw up a long weekend

Started by Darren Henry, February 16, 2014, 09:41:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

Up here this is a long weekend{Louie Riel day monday} and it is particularly busy this year. Friday of course was Valentine's day,there is a very large boat and RV show on in town,and it's one of two weekends that you can fish without a license.[The other is in the summer with the intent to get more new anglers "hooked" so they buy licenses]

After work Friday I had 7 of my remaining 11 teeth removed and a set of dentures jammed onto my bleeding gums. The dentist took one look and said " Oh we'll have alot of adjustments to make on those".There is an overbite on one side I can stick a soda straw in. Yesterday I had to go back and have them ground down a bit in a couple of spots so that they hurt equally all the way around.I took the old lady to the RV show and it was so hot in there that we thought we were going to faint.I tried a bite of her light toast and cheeze wiz when we got home. Damn near choked on the bottom plate when it ejected itself. I tried a can of tomato soup for supper. Half way through I popped a T3 and spit them out until I had eaten. I woke in the wee hours this morning and went to the washroom---and realized I had no bottom plate. It was lying on the floor beside my bed.

Dad was always upset about my teeth falling out, although I ate just fine, so I used some of my inheritance to do this . For $3000 I could have had one hell of a blender!!!

Any body got any "hang in there" , "it'll be alright" stories?
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

Quote from: Darren Henry on February 16, 2014, 09:41:40 am
. For $3000 I could have had one hell of a blender!!!

Any body got any "hang in there" , "it'll be alright" stories?
lol blender :) could have been worse Darren and got these

Mojo

Darren:

Very sorry to hear of your teeth issues. I can sympathize with you as I dropped enough money into my teeth over the last 20 years to buy a brand new car.

I had a crooked dentist who was doing root canals, caps, crowns and a bunch of other expensive dental procedures. What she didn't tell me was that the chemo drug they were using on me was going to rot my teeth out anyways. The work she did broke off, fell out and sooner or later had to be pulled. I got my falsies a year ago for the uppers and am trying to hold on to my bottom teeth as long as I can though there isn't many left.

I hate dentures. Hate having to put them in and hate eating with them. They are a royal PITA.
I plan on having my lowers yanked this December and get a lower plate with two teeth as anchors.

Best of luck my friend.

Chris

MinUph

Yea I too went through this and it to literally years to get done. First I got an upper set of dentures with 6 of my own to hold them in. Then I had the lowers done 4 front ones pulled the backs were gone for a long time, had to wait 3 months with no front teeth then the lower denture was made. Now I can eat again after years of not being able to properly. Worst part of the experience was I use a surgeon to pull them and he started making temporary ones. So I went for it when he did the bottom 4 or 5. I was expecting a full set of temps for the bottoms got just the front 4. Useless still couldn't eat. I had a tuna fish sandwich. First bit they came out. My regular dentist agreed the temps were useless. $500.00 in the trash.  All set now though. They are not in any way shape or form like real teeth but I'm happy to be able to eat again and no pain every once in a while. And they stay in place.
  You will get past all this Darren. Good luck and I hope they are made well.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Darren Henry

Thanks guys.  I know it's a process and not a "voila" kind of fix.Much like making a pair of orthotics (former life),but I'm pretty bummed out about this because we are so far from right at the moment.I spent most of the day yesterday jamming my gums into these new chicklets and thought they were starting to seat fairly well; then I bit a piece of bread.I guess I should be impressed with how well they cut through it,but I'm too hung up on the fact that both plates fell out.I got right pissy when I yawned and they both fell out.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!