Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 02:22:58 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

cant think about work

Started by Mike, February 10, 2014, 05:48:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scott_san_diego

Mike,

Sorry to hear that.  But now she is in a better place, without having to go through any pain and suffering.

Darren Henry

My deepest sympathy 'Bro. But you did the right thing. I had 17 years  with Buddy, it didn't hurt as bad as loosing Him as it did losing Bear because it was his time. He now sits on my dresser in no pain. It was the kindest thing I could do for him---and I honestly believe that he thanked me for that.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

gene

I like the prayer: God, please help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Sometimes the right thing can be difficult. My condolences, Mike.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

JuneC

So sorry to hear that Mike.  It's a difficult decision to make but you probably made the right one.  I was talking with a customer today who had 2 dogs and we got on the subject of how they're family.  He said his last one had gotten cancer and that he paid for surgery and chemo but frequently questioned whether or not the treatment was for his personal benefit or for the dog's.  The dog recovered and had several more good years, but you never know, do you.  My oldest is around 10 and I doubt I'd put him through any extensive treatment for any illness. 

You just have to make the best decision you can and be thankful for the years you had with them.  They say you can't buy love, but I totally disagree.... 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

regalman190

Sorry to hear about this Mike. It's always difficult to make a decision like this, even for the vet. My daughter in law is a vet and it still bothers to have to do this.

Hang in there buddy.
Regal Canvas

SteveA

There's no good words - just know your friends are here to support  -
A best friend who was patient, forgiving, and doggedly loving will remain in our thoughts -

Heartfelt
SA

Mojo

Author Unknown:

Your Canine Guardian Angel

I know that you must miss me,
By the tears rolling down your face.
But believe me when I tell you that,
I'm in a very good place.

There are meadows here to run in,
And plenty of rabbits to chase.
There are other dogs to play with,
To frolick with and race.

So please don't worry about me,
My spirit feels light as can be.
There's no more pain to plague me,
I'm young again and free.

And I'll be watching over you still,
of that you can be sure.
I'm your canine guardian angel,
And my love for you remains pure.

SteveA

This may help you chase away some sorrow Mike - maybe you have seen this but it's worth repeating -
SA

A farmer had some puppies he needed to sell. He painted a sign advertising
the 4 pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge of his yard. As he
was driving the last nail into the post, he felt a tug on his overalls. He
looked down into the eyes of a little boy.

"Mister," he said, "I want to buy one of your puppies."

"Well," said the farmer, as he rubbed the sweat off the back of his neck,
"These puppies come from fine parents and cost a good deal of money."
The boy dropped his head for a moment. Then reaching deep into his pocket,
he pulled out a handful of change and held it up to the farmer.

"I've got thirty-nine cents. Is that enough to take a look?"

"Sure," said the farmer. And with that he let out a whistle.

"Here, Dolly!" he called.

Out from the doghouse and down the ramp ran Dolly followed by four little balls
of fur. The little boy pressed his face against the chain link fence. His eyes
danced with delight. As the dogs made their way to the fence, the little boy
noticed something else stirring inside the doghouse.

Slowly another little ball appeared, this one noticeably smaller. Down the ramp
it slid. Then in a somewhat awkward manner, the little pup began hobbling
toward the others, doing its best to catch up...

"I want that one," the little boy said, pointing to the runt. The farmer knelt
down at the boy's side and said, "Son, you don't want that puppy. He will never
be able to run and play with you like these other dogs would."

With that the little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down, and began
rolling up one leg of his trousers. In doing so he revealed a steel brace running
down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made shoe.

Looking back up at the farmer, he said, "You see sir, I don't run too well myself,
and he will need someone who understands."

With tears in his eyes, the farmer reached down and picked up the little pup.

Holding it carefully he handed it to the little boy.

"How much?" asked the little boy...

"No charge," answered the farmer, "There's no charge for love."

Mike

that's guys, it was when I went tio the vet yesterday it started raining it was raining all night then today the sun came out  felt alittle better I had a funny thing happenrd. in 09 my dad died and I buried his ashes at sea and the day me my brother and my son got in the var to go to the marina to get the boat as we were driving the radio was on and my father favorite song me and mrs jones came on, I remember him many time humming it in the car. and Tuesday morning when I got up there was a string Oder of pipe tobacco in the house he smoked a pipe.

MinUph

Mike I feel your pain. I've had to put two dogs down. The first was my collie I had him for 13 yrs. We traveled the country together him in the passnger seat of my van. He was an unbelievable companion. When he couldnt do what he loved I knew it was tme. The last one was our Pom, he was also very special. Lots of love and fun. I also knew when it was time. 12 years for him. It is a very hard decision but one that is best for the pet. My opion anyway. Memories are stll fresh.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Grebo

http://www.reshareworthy.com/20-facts-for-dog-lovers/

#20.

You done the best thing Mike, been there, it's tough but it's real love.

Suzi

bobbin

Nothing is harder than "the decision".  But as June and several others have mentioned, it's the best choice.  The last time we had to do it was for a 17 yr. old kitty who was obviously failing.  I wanted to euthanize her, helpmeet resisted.  I "let it lie" and a day/two later he agreed it was time.  We met at the vet. clinic and I held her.  We brought her home and buried her.  Sucked.  But she fertilized an Arborvitae that blocks our lawn from passing road traffic, and her grave is marked with a small, cement kitty.  We sit there (in privacy) and watch the birds at the feeder in the vegetable garden while the remaining pets sack out nearby. 

Now, with our fool dog approaching 12 (he's a big guy) we know we'll have to do it again.  It will suck, but he's had a great life.  And so did your dog, Mike.  A dog that's well fed, well loved, and cared for is one lucky dog!  Remember that. 

Maybe you'll go to the pound and rescue another when the time is right.  And that one will be very lucky, too!  I'm sorry you've lost your "room mate", Mike. 

kodydog

I remember the pictures Mike. You gave that dog a great life. I feel your sorrow.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

here is a pic when she was young with me on the boat  Kody

but more recently she just like warming in the sun with me when I couldn't move so fast either

she was a rescue I got her the week after my last down was put down . today im going to look see 2 sisters at a rescue  Bobbin

bobbin

And so time moves on.  :)

The dog you take home will never want for anything, Mike.  I am certain of that. 

(I looked at a dog yesterday; temperamentally  very different than our present dog and I'm not so sure that's what we want, but a really nice dog.  And no one else has shown any interest in him.  I don't get it; he doesn't jump, isn't loud, but is a puppy.  I think it's easier to deal with chewing and counter surfing than yapping and jumping... but that's just me.)