Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 03:18:44 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

booked up

Started by Mike, January 18, 2014, 06:24:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I just got a 10th job today with 2 big jobs already,im out 2 month at least. anymore call now there going to get a premium quote to thin the load.
they just had the local boat show so ill probably get a few rush jobs from the local dealer I got

baileyuph

Two months out, that is pretty heavy work load, what is your busy months Mike?  Or, put another way, do you have any slow months?

Doyle

Mike

January 19, 2014, 12:51:23 pm #2 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:52:42 pm by Mike
now doyle is the busiest and September is typically the slowest

the nice thing it when it slower its nice weather (to me) for boating and swimming ect

Mike

Just finnished one job last week and got 2 more so far this week.

10 on the books.  I told todays i probably 8 weeks away

regalman190

That's awesome Mike. Glad to hear it.
Regal Canvas

Mike

just got anout small 1 day job a a friend called about having 2 bhcket seats done too.

Joe you need a vacation right ?

bobbin

That really is good news, Mike.  My phone is starting to ring, too.  I'll be glad to see the winter doldrums move on out. 

Mike

Quote from: bobbin on January 29, 2014, 03:32:56 pm
That really is good news, Mike.  My phone is starting to ring, too.  I'll be glad to see the winter doldrums move on out. 
that's the cool thing here bobbin its busy busy now and come spring it slows down

forsailbyowner

I just got back from the Keys and a friend moved into a new marina where it seems everybody needs canvas. I did a freebie for him making a whole boat cover out of some old sails and ended up with work galore once people saw his cover. I already had a job waiting in tampa that I had promised to be present for so i headed back up with a waiting list there.

I planned on stopping  by for a visit but my engine died when i was pulling anchor near cape sable. Turns out i had a saltwater drip where I couldnt see it and it ate thru a fuel line. It took 4 days of round the clock sailing to make it to 'tampa. I slept for almost a full day when I dropped anchor outside a girlfriends house in apollo beach.

Then I was towing magic in with my dinghy to her dock and somebody saw me and came to my rescue. That encounter ended up in a complete enclosure job on a 40ft cruiser. So yes Im booked solid and have customers lined up waiting in 3 ports. Im thinking I may be working more than usual this year which is good and bad.

Darren Henry

It's colder than a mother-in-law's kiss up here again. If I crewed on to help you catch up would we technically be working off shore? If we were I wouldn't need a passport or a green card , would I? LOL
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

forsail I forget where you spend your summers I was thinking the northwest for some reason

Mojo

Just starting to get hit with the snowbird rush - everyone wants their toppers replaced before they head North for the summer.

I am still on my 7 day a week schedule but have managed to punch some holes in the schedule to give me a few days off. I need the rest as I am on my second bout of bronchitis and second round of antibiotics.

It will be interesting to see how the orders flow in the next two months. 30 days till the kickoff of the rally season which will provide me business through the summer months.

It appears people are spending their money again as many jobs have been full orders.

Chris

regalman190

Quote from: Mike on January 29, 2014, 01:51:13 pm
just got anout small 1 day job a a friend called about having 2 bhcket seats done too.

Joe you need a vacation right ?

Yes I do Mike. When do you want me to come down?
Regal Canvas

Mike

January 31, 2014, 02:06:53 pm #13 Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:10:32 pm by Mike
If you dont mind a sleepi g bag on a sewing table joe monday ;).
My guest room romodle inst quite done yet.  
And the bath tore out.
3 day of rain here   Yesterday it was a good excuse as i did t have one last lice done cor a project and today was still pouring.  So i got to go over tomorow to install and not loose too much time next week.

forsailbyowner

I usually summer on the Folly river near Charleston. For some reason canvas is about twice the price there than it is in Florida. An average bimini recover is well in excess of $1k.