Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:48:29 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Sofa mesh spring unit

Started by biutze, January 15, 2014, 01:06:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

biutze

Hi all,

I'm new here and more importantly new to upholstery. In the last few days I went through the various topics but cannot find the answer to my problem. I'm reupholstering an old sofa (why not start with a complicated one) and the mesh spring unit is not in its best condition. The springs are not as firm as used to be. I was wondering what would be the best option without investing in a new spring unit (it's over £150)

- replacing the mesh unit with Pirelli/other stretch webbing (I don't think it will be cheap at all)
- Nail on some stretch webbing over the top of the mesh unit
- put a 3"-5" thick very firm foam on the top of the mesh unit (in one peace)
- ?

Here is the sofa:

mesh unit dims: 30" x 51"

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Bela

kodydog

Bela, if your still out there please respond. I think your post got missed by all of us because of the "Room" your in. Try again in "general discussion" and I'm sure you will get many responses. Good luck.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html