Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 07:27:37 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Arctic cat (integrated gas tank) snowmobile seat removal

Started by Judy_Boat, December 14, 2013, 10:36:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy_Boat

Are there any tricks to getting the vinyl portion out from under the plastic front with these integrated seats?
Or once I remove the staples and lift the vinyl will it become obvious?

SteveA

No ones answering so here's my advice until someone with experience shows up -
Don't use the torch !
SA

Mike

the last sled I owned was a 2001 an drhe older seats then that I did the seats just covered the tanks and when removed the the tanks remained , if you cant get a awnser here look for a sdnomobile forum and ask in=m sure you can find out that way

Darren Henry

I haven't owned a sled in years and don't do many seats here (no body knows we do them) . Is this one like the polaris seats were the tank and the seat base are one molded plastic unit? Can you post a picture? Once I see it I should remember how it goes.

Generally speaking; all you should have to do is pull the visible staples, take the nuts off the wire in the listing at the front (if done that way), and release the pull that holds the vinyl down were it rises up at the back. It could be stapled or a buckle passed through a slot.

DISCLAIMER Based on Canadian models made before I moved to Brandon  ;D
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Agent 002

I live 1hr from the Canadian border so I've done quite a few snowmobile seats.You have any pictures you can post??

Darren Henry

How far are you from the International Peace Gardens? I'm an hour north in Brandon.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

jojo

I always tell people to bring me the seat, so that it becomes their problem to get it off. Never had a problem with this policy.

Agent 002

Quote from: Darren Henry on December 17, 2013, 04:33:23 am
How far are you from the International Peace Gardens? I'm an hour north in Brandon.

I'm 2 1/2 hrs straight south of Winnepeg

Darren Henry

Just the other side of the snow bank from here. Two hours to the 'peg and a south---just down the road.