Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 09:28:13 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

I told a white lie

Started by sofadoc, November 23, 2013, 07:30:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

When I called a lady Thursday to tell her that her chair was ready, she said that she was very excited to see it, but was too busy to come get it right now. So she asked me if I could text her a photo of it.

I've played this game with her before, so this time I told her that my camera-phone isn't working. She came within a few hours to pick it up. Had I sent her a pic, it probably would've been a week or two before she came after it.

It isn't the first time that I've told a little fib when it behooves me.

Ever notice that when YOU tell a white lie.........it's just that........a harmless little fib. But when someone fibs to you.........it suddenly becomes a first degree felony.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

See folks ???

This is why I say never trust a Texan. Especially a very old Texan.............:)

Chris

gene

November 23, 2013, 09:54:08 am #2 Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:58:39 am by gene
I'm with you Mojo. I think sofAd is lying when he said he told a white lie. I think he actually told that nice, sweet old lady exactly what she could do with her chair if she didn't get down to his place within the next 2 hours and pick it up.

Yep. Those Texans...

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

baileyuph

Nay!  This Texan just out smarted this old gal, she had pulled this number before.  When chair is finished, it is pay day time! 

Keep that picture phone out of sight Texas.

I hate it when customers want a completition date, then drag their rears around on picking up.

Those Texans are smart old guys!

Doyle

sofadoc

Another bit of trickery that I employ........when I finish a piece too quickly, I wait a few days before I call the customer.

Most customers expect you to spend at least a month on their furniture. They feel over-charged if you complete the job in a shorter amount of time.

Also, when a customer calls to check on their job, I've been known to say "Yes, I'm working on it right now........I should be done in a few days".

THEN, I pull that piece out, and start on it.

You guys are right. Can't trust a Texan. ;)
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

November 24, 2013, 04:04:45 pm #5 Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:06:01 pm by kodydog
Your procedure of "trickery" must be floating across the Gulf O Mexico because I employ the same methods here in Florida.

Two little white lies I will not activate are telling the customer the job will be done in two weeks when I know it'll be at least two months.
And telling the customer I'll TRY to get it by Christmas when I know I'm already booked solid.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Grebo

Quote from: sofadoc on November 24, 2013, 10:18:23 am

Also, when a customer calls to check on their job, I've been known to say "Yes, I'm working on it right now........I should be done in a few days".

THEN, I pull that piece out, and start on it.

Funny you should say that.

Suzi

gene

I have said before, "Once you can fake sincerity, everything else is easy."  :P

Turkey day coming up this week. Time to give thanks that I am not a vegetarian.

I heard someone say, "If God did not want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!