Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2024, 03:39:28 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

so who elso worked today ?

Started by Mike, October 26, 2013, 01:39:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I did last weekend and this weeked to  get caught up, last month me and mojo ran dry but nit im playing catch up I got one more yesterday on the books again I was used to the slow summer pace 1 or 2 jobs a week mostly 1 so now its gogogo till the holidays

gene

I worked today. I usually go in for at least a half day on Saturday.

I picked up some furniture this morning from one of our more upscale neighborhoods. The hubby said to the wife as I was leaving that he thought $14,000 for that throw rub was too much. They only spent $7,000 for the last one they bought.  ::)

From all of us wondering when the first show fall will be, thanks Mike for putting Port Charlotte's temperature on your posts.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

wow I didn't spent that much for my boat never mind a rug
I might finnish a helm cover for a sailboat tomorrow I made the dodger today or I may go fishing, I should after working 7 days last week.

Mojo

I worked a couple hours Saturday morning. I wanted to finish off an order and get started on a new one. I did finish the one but didn't get a start on the other. Been battling the chemo flu the last couple days so am moving slowly.

I enjoyed the down time as my son and I have been searching for a 2000-2002 Pontiac Trans Am. I have been wanting one and have nailed down a few but they are more then I want to spend. Still looking and may have to settle for a V-6 Firebird instead. :) This cannot be a mid life crisis thing since I am past mid life. :)

Chris

Mike

October 27, 2013, 06:41:43 am #4 Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:43:05 am by Mike
Cris i just found my old high school frien i lost contact with  25 yeas ago.
Turns out he still has his old 1970 firebird  convertible.   How odd is that.

Plus a couple extra pieces of iron

bobbin

I always work on Saturday and Sunday.  I take Tuesday and Wednesday off.  Most of my customers are M-F people and it's a convenience to them to be able to see me on their days off.  Besides, living in a resort town for most of my years I know well that trying to get out and accomplish errands when the town is jammed is nigh on impossible. 

sofadoc

I always open my shop on Saturday mornings for customers that can't make it in during the week. The only problem is, most of them have the best intentions of getting up early on Saturday morning, but they seldom follow through with those plans. Most of the time, I get "stood up".

Saturday afternoons, the missus and me mix business with pleasure. We drive into Dallas. She does some shopping. I mix in a few pick-up and deliveries. We cap the evening off at a restaurant. We always find ourself in a different region of the metropolitan area, so the shopping and dining never gets stale. We don't get into a rut of just going to the same places every week.

It always blows me away how many people go on vacation, and immediately start looking for a chain restaurant and a strip center or mall full of the same chain stores that they have back home. These are probably the same people that go to the big box furniture stores, and buy a brown micro-fiber sofa.

No work for me on Sundays. I worship the NFL or MLB. Sometimes both.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

bobbin

Lol, Sofa..  The helpmeet is one of those guys... brown microfiber? perfect! hides food stains, wet dog stains, and brown looks good with "off white" walls.  The Super 8 and Long John Silver's? just dandy! if he really wants to live large he'll spring for Ruby Tuesday...

He was nearly apoplectic when I booked us into a small B&B in Newport, RI some years ago.  But guess who had a great time?? chatting with other guests in the small breakfast room, asking and sharing ideas on fun things to go and see!  He grudgingly told me on the way home he'd had a blast.   

I'm big on "off the beaten path".  I love local diners and I always sit at the counter if one's available.  And I always meet fun and interesting people.  Go figure.

byhammerandhand

Well, I worked, kinda.

I organized a seminar for the woodworking club.   We had the technical support director of Titebond glues come and talk.   It was a great program.   One of my buddies who was there said, "I didn't think there would be enough about wood glues to talk for six hours, but I think we could have gone on another six."   I now know a lot about moisture management, putty phase, chalk temperatures, centipoise units, shear, peel, creep, cleavage, and tensile strength. 

I am now a glue-ru in training.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

Quote from: byhammerandhand on October 27, 2013, 03:13:52 pm
One of my buddies who was there said, "I didn't think there would be enough about wood glues to talk for six hours, but I think we could have gone on another six."
A 6 hour glue seminar? And you wanted another  6?

Man........you wood guys really know how to party!!

Mojo

Quote from: sofadoc on October 27, 2013, 04:06:22 pm
Quote from: byhammerandhand on October 27, 2013, 03:13:52 pm
One of my buddies who was there said, "I didn't think there would be enough about wood glues to talk for six hours, but I think we could have gone on another six."
A 6 hour glue seminar? And you wanted another  6?

Man........you wood guys really know how to party!!

Please tell me this seminar was catered by Hooters. It would be the only way to keep me awake through a 6 hour Glue seminar. :)

I just presented a back to back seminar that went two hours. It about killed me ( and my elderly attendees ). :)

Chris

baileyuph

October 30, 2013, 11:30:47 am #11 Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:32:44 am by DB
QuoteI am now a glue-ru in training

LOL.  Something I like, I guess I can do a bunch and then a bunch more.  I guess you can say that is really glued to your work.

Doyle

gene

Quotemoisture management, putty phase, chalk temperatures, centipoise units, shear, peel, creep, cleavage, and tensile
strength

Are you sure that was a seminar on glue?   :o

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on October 30, 2013, 04:12:03 pm
Are you sure that was a seminar on glue?   
You can't drone on about glue for 6 hours without straying off topic a bit. :D

byhammerandhand

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  ;-)

Quote from: DB on October 30, 2013, 11:30:47 am
QuoteI am now a glue-ru in training

LOL.  Something I like, I guess I can do a bunch and then a bunch more.  I guess you can say that is really glued to your work.

Doyle
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison