Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:51:37 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

your website hit counter tally

Started by Mike, October 24, 2013, 05:43:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

October 24, 2013, 05:43:39 pm Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:02:17 am by Mike
I was jut looking at my website counter ive got 32,510 hits sence I launched the many years ago in 1995 I think
that's about 5 a day average , not bad as I only target local customers of course here many are out of state at this time

Sditied i think hit were comming from this thread.

SteveA

Mike
How does that work - do you pay a fee or a service company to make your Co.  easier to find ?  One time a web designer wanted create a site for me and promise to have certain key words for me when folks searched.  I need to enter the 21st century technology at some point - I hope.  Do you keep track of how many jobs are  web based ? 

SA

Mojo

The problem with hit counters is that they also include robots. Robots are computers that search the web looking for e-mails which later turns the e-mails into spam based on the addresses it gleaned.
There are also robots that do research for companies.

It takes some digging in your site statistics to be able to decipher what was a real person and what visits were robotic in nature. It would take 10 pages to describe everything contained in a web site statistics report but there are some very cool things you can find out. One is called referral sites. In other words that report tells you where the individual was last at on the website. This is very useful if your considering advertising.

For instance if your getting a great deal of hits and the reffering page ( previous page the person was on ) was say - Boats of America ( I made that name up ) then you may want to consider placing a banner ad on that site.

You can also tell which pages they spent the most time accessing as well as alot of other data that you can glean from the statistics. This is where business people or website managers can focus their attention in regards to web sites so they can check out the statistics and make changes accordingly.

I think the last I checked the hits to my website was over 1/4 million for the last 12 months or so but the vast majority were robots. I have not had time to sit down and go through the statistics to see how well my website is being utilized by the public. It is something I need to do. I will probably just call my son and have him do it for me since my website is parked on his servers and his company hosts my website. He is in need of paying some of his Daddy Tax anyways. :)

Chris

Mike

I went with  homestead. They make it easy
A d you can see what pages were kost viewed and like chris said where the hits came from and what area of the country.
I ised to have a banner add chris at www.winnipesaukee.com.
When i was up north but here there isnt anything specific to me local area boating related. I wish there was.

Mojo

If you look at my website you will see I have no phone number listed. Spammers not only mine
e-mail addresses but they also mine phone numbers. Helps cutting down on spam calls.

Chris

Mike

October 25, 2013, 10:24:50 am #5 Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:25:36 am by Mike
I got your number  i think ill spam you ;)

gene

We may have talked about this before, but, if I forgot about it, maybe others did also.

I was a board member on a small non profit organization and we had a web site. We always put email address and phone numbers as jpeg or some other picture format. This way the bots wouldn't recognize them.

However, I was told a year ago or so that them bots have gotten smarter and can now analyze picture files on web sites.

The bottom line remains: If you don't want the world to know about it, don't put it on the internet.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

most smart phones gene when looking a website can just click on the nuber and the call is made or email also   perhaps as you say they can see it even in a phot of the number is why you have to verify yor a human copying those distorted codes