Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 04:20:31 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

All sail boat people

Started by scottymc, September 26, 2013, 06:52:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scottymc

I was  just watching the news and saw that you won the Americas Cup, good on ya's. But there was only one American on the crew, 8 Aussies, ^ Kiwis and the rest from all over, things are sad when you outsource your national team :), anyways just wondering if you's need anything else won for you, we could probably have a go at the world cup ;D

Mojo

So thats why they won......They had some Kiwi's on board.

I believe the Aussies were there just to pass out beer......

I feel like a Tooheys...........I feel like a Tooheys...... I feel like a Tooheys today.....

Imagine my surprise when I was in Brizzy and seen some coasters laying on the ground that simply said " XXXX ". I thought OMG, that must be one very bad adult book store/movie house.

Didn't know it was a beer till I later asked my brother in law what was in a XXXX adult store ? Of course he nearly died from laughing so hard.

Chris

scottymc

xxxx is cause  Queenslanders can't spell beer. :D

I expect the Kiwis on the U.S boat will be seeking refugee status, as it won't be safe for them to go back for quite some time.

Aussies are claiming victory, they are claiming that the American who banked rolled the whole thing was just their sugar daddy. :)

sofadoc

Of course we had to outsource. It's one of those obscure sports that we Americans don't give a hoot in hell about. :D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Tejas

I'm a sailboater, and the AC has little relevance to me. I'm guessing the AC has little to do with promoting the sport. Having said that, I'm sure that technologies that came out of earlier AC technologies are present in my current boat.
Dave

Juki 1508; Bernina 217 with CAM Reader

Mojo

I spent half the afternoon looking for this XXXX bookstore. Never found it. :)

As if the Aussies needed an AC win to celebrate and drink...........:)

I can remember the day when Kiwi's used to invade Australia....just to simply collect the Dole.
Right along with the surfies. :)

Chris

Mike

Americas cup inst that a horse race?  or a golf match?

sofadoc

Quote from: Mike on September 27, 2013, 03:46:30 pm
Americas cup inst that a horse race?  or a golf match?
Don't ask me. I listen to an all-sports radio station 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.  I wouldn't have even known about the America's Cup if I hadn't read it here.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

scottymc

Quote from: Mojo on September 27, 2013, 02:49:52 pm

I can remember the day when Kiwi's used to invade Australia....just to simply collect the Dole.
Right along with the surfies. :)

Chris

Yes, I was on Bob Hawkes(Prime Minister) surf team for a few years, with the Kiwis it was a  reciprocal arrangement between two laid back countries, we could also move to New Zealand and ship our car  over with us , stay a year on the Dole and sell the car for 4 times the price with no tax, as the kiwis would say , "Sweet" :)

Mike

What is this " stay on the dole"?

Mojo

bobbin

Oh for Pete's sake who cares who's crewing the boat? the best part was that they had their backs against the wall and met the challenge!  They battled back by paying attention to good basics and gritting it out.  Very exciting... and I vastly prefer horse racing to yacht racing, so my enjoyment is really saying something. 

scottymc

September 28, 2013, 11:39:45 pm #12 Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:40:36 pm by scottymc
Quote from: Mojo on September 28, 2013, 02:32:36 pm
Dole = Welfare

Dole sounds so much better.

scottymc

Quote from: bobbin on September 28, 2013, 03:37:25 pm
Oh for Pete's sake who cares who's crewing the boat? the best part was that they had their backs against the wall and met the challenge!  They battled back by paying attention to good basics and gritting it out.  Very exciting... and I vastly prefer horse racing to yacht racing, so my enjoyment is really saying something. 

The Aussies do, we're claiming the victory. ;D