Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 02:44:47 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

had to wait for payment

Started by Mike, August 24, 2013, 06:48:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

for a job completed yesterday I had to meet the owner this afternoon so my day was on hold. so this evening I took my boat to dinner with my brother  even though it looked like rain across the harbor to  harpoon harrys

a sportfish coming in

dinner blew my diet  but it was great but the clouds started coming

ran full speed trying to beat the approaching rain
but didn't make it got soaked
reminded me of my motorcycle days

gene

Beautiful pictures.

I'll bet you've never gotten road rash from riding in your boat.  :)

Two wilderness canoeing trips ago I lost a race with a storm and got caught on the side of a lake with a cliff at my back and some boulders at the bottom of the cliff for me to stick my canoe in and hang on. Lighting racing across the surface of the lake through the blowing froth and trees on top of the cliff snapping like shot guns going off. Getting soaked was the least of my concerns at the time.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

no rash   but the sideways rain hurt and I was afraid to hold the aluminum t top with the lighning,  it was worth getting drenched anyway

Mojo

We have been getting hammered daily with thunder storms. The rains have been horrible. Never seen such heavy rains like this. It has been daily for the last couple weeks and almost always in the late afternoon/evening.

Don't know if you have seen the news but roads have been washed out and flooding has been a major issue.

A few miles from Paul and I:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/video?clipId=9233312&topVideoCatNo=236673&autoStart=true

Chris

Mike

I didnt see the news here. Thing eithbfloduda its so flat the water has nowhere to go. Unlike a friend in colorado whos been dealing with this. Water off the mountians

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/13/colorado-flash-flood-video_n_3748538.html?utm_hp_ref=green

baileyuph

Speaking waiting for payment........

Is this on the increase in your area?

Seems it is here, but don't know if there is single reason.  Seems they are in a hurry for you to get it done and maybe they haven't figured quite how to pay for it?

Hate that, there is so much work, wish those slow payers would not even place an order, then getting the work completed for those more anxious to pay would be easier.

Doyle

Nice pics Mike, our weather is strange too.

gene

August 25, 2013, 07:24:49 am #6 Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:06:40 am by gene
I get 1/2 of my Estimate as a deposit and then the remainder due when the job is finished. This is on my Estimates and I think it's my job to make sure the customer understoods this up front.

My goal is to spend zero minutes each year on accounts receivable. Making even one phone call to remind someone to pay their bill is unacceptable to me. I have never reached my goal, but I've come pretty close.

Quoteeithbfloduda
Mike, I was actually able to figure out what this means.  :)

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!