Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:14:22 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

General Business Question

Started by baileyuph, July 27, 2013, 06:00:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

September 15, 2013, 04:46:09 pm #75 Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:55:13 pm by kodydog
Quote from: sofadoc on September 11, 2013, 06:37:02 am

I really don't mind when customers furnish quality COM. But it fries me when they bring in some cheap crap all wadded up in a paper sack from some place like JoAnn's. I've actually started telling a few of them that there will be an extra charge to steam all the wrinkles/creases out.

We're doing a rush job for a lady who ordered cut velvet from England. It came in loosely rolled and full of creases. At first she was going to buy in stock fabric from us but her daughter talked her into the $100 per yard stuff. Not sure what she's going to do now but the rush is over.

We spent over an hour trying different methods to get the creases out. We tried wrinkle rid, steam (both sides), brushing it out and combinations of all 3 methods. The creases are throughout the whole roll, about every 26 inches. Any ideas?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html