Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 12:25:58 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

fun videos

Started by gene, July 19, 2013, 06:30:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

Howdy,

Fun videos for folks who like this kind of thing.

In the video for the Chippendale Camelback Settee they pre drill holes for the spring twine tacks.

And in the same video at 9:40 they twist the fabric to put folds in the front of the arm fabric. Anyone ever use this technique?

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

July 20, 2013, 11:10:39 am #1 Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:11:32 am by Mike
I know  ive never did it  but there was no video. That i saw a link  to ?

gene

Thank you Joy.

Sorry about that folks. You can click on the MPF Conservation link from Joy's link to see all their 48 videos.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on July 19, 2013, 06:30:36 pm
And in the same video at 9:40 they twist the fabric to put folds in the front of the arm fabric. Anyone ever use this technique?
I've seen a lot of arms that appeared to have the twisty technique. I think I remember doing it a few times myself with fabrics that respond well to that method. But as a rule, I don't make a conscious effort to employ the twist.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

The guy did a beautiful job using some old style techniques.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

I don't do the twist either. Well not any more LOL. t was a good dance back when but not meant for furniture arms. I have seen a friend do this but only to get an idea of how it will work with the pleats. One technique I have used that is something like this twisting is stitching around about an inch from the center of the arm front and gathering the fabric that way. Then finished it with a button to cover the stitching. Haven't done that in years but some pieces call for it.
  Good video. I rarely will tear off all filling. but in this case it was necessary. Not sure about the arms but I may have missed why he did that.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Dede

As a Slipcover LadyTM, I had never even heard of twisting the arm like that.  Really interesting!
West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com