Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 04:29:24 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What size welt foot is this?

Started by Stitches, June 14, 2013, 10:08:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitches

June 14, 2013, 10:08:01 pm Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:09:37 pm by Stitches
Can someone help me figure out what size welt foot I have. There's a p/n on the center part that the needle goes thru. It is 120370

The other part of the foot has 1/8 on it but I'm assuming that's just for seam allowance purposes

And I'm also looking for this metal piece that's kinda damaged and the screw that's missing. I think it's called the shuttle race?  
And here's a pic of the shuttle hook? p/n j-g4?

It's ok to laugh if I'm wrong I'm still learning lol. I should change me name to "stitchling"
Almost forgot its on a rex 26-188

MinUph

THe 1/8" is the welt foot size. It would be for very small welt cord. 4/32 or so. 5/32 welt cord calles for 1/4" foot.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Stitches

First thing I have to say is wow! You guys on this forum are awesome. No rudeness,  and don't mind helping a noobee out. A lot different than some other forums I've been on. Thank you

As far as the welt foot goes,  that explains why when I was trying to make my own welting with some bigger size cord,  probably for the 1/4" foot,  it would always try to sew crooked and run away from the cord. Ill have to get one of those or find some 4/32" to match my current foot lol.  I guess it depends on what I want it to look like.

Can I not just get that metal flap and screw that mounts to the shuttle race?  The rest of it seems to be in good shape.

Mojo

No rudeness here just smiles. :)

Everyone of us remembers being in your shoes........we were never born with the knowledge we have but rather acquired it from experienced stitchers.

We all love helping out newbies........because we have all been there and been that during our careers. Ask away,

Chris

sofadoc

Quote from: Stitches on June 15, 2013, 07:09:43 am
Can I not just get that metal flap and screw that mounts to the shuttle race?  The rest of it seems to be in good shape.
It certainly won't hurt to ask your parts dealer if they will sell you just the parts that you need. It really depends on their stock. If they have to rob parts off a new race assembly, then they're stuck with it.

I have bought tiny screws, and other individual parts before, so it's highly possible that you can get only the small parts that you need.

Quote from: Mojo on June 15, 2013, 10:31:00 am
No rudeness here just smiles. :)
Don't believe him. He's just setting you up for another one of his pyramid schemes. ;)
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

Anyone need any Amway products ???

:)

Chris