Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:32:44 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

SMS Auto Fabrics

Started by Alsworld, May 09, 2013, 06:14:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alsworld

Have many (or any?) of you done business with SMS Auto Fabrics?  My searches here have shown some have but the search engines show any ...sms... which adds up to allot of dead ends.  Good/bad experiences?  Quality of products?  I am looking for USA made auto grade velour products and they responded that they are interested.  Any thoughts?

Alan

baileyuph

In recent years, they have been the only source for vintage OEM vinyl and body cloth.

Therefore, don't expect any bargains and schedules will be as they set them.

If one does not require OEM, then there may be other options to compare price.

SMS, as I read, has been accumulating older original materials for a few years and now they have the corner market on a lot of items. 

Doyle

tudorford

7 or 8 years ago I did some restoration work on 71 MG and needed to match the embosed basketweave vinyl.  SMS was the only place I could find it and they embosed the pleats in it for me.  Big draw back was the price (I think they know they are the only ones with this stuff) I think by the time I got it here it was over $125/ yard.   The embosing and the pattern were spot on though.  Result Happy customer and good pay check.
this is the only experience I've had with them and I'm not even sure how I got ahold of them.
Steve
Always remember:  Where ever you go,  there you are.

Mojo

Allan:

You may want to contact MiamiMike as he does alot with auto interiors. I am assuming your looking for cover material to go inside your rifle cases. :)

If so give Mike a call and see what he has. If you do not have an account with him or cannot set one up PM me and I can have him sell you the fabric through my account to get you the discounts.

I just got a cut of some nice felt like material from him the other day and it looks like it would work well inside a rifle case. I was looking for some material for the inside of my mirror covers I make and this stuff looked pretty good.

Another possibility is some marine velour headliner fabric. He carries this also. See if he can s end you out some sample cards.

His number is - 513-298-5519. Tell him we talked here on the forum. See what he has. I talk to him a couple times a week to place orders and will mention it to him and give him permission to sell through my account or set you up your own account.

Chris

Mojo

Allan:

Just got off the phone with MiamiMike and they do carry a full line of automotive velours.

He said he would work with you and help you out and help you get an account setup. Ask him for some sample cards as well when you talk to him.

Chris

Alsworld

Chris,

thank you very much!  I will call him next week.  I have ordered a whopping one yard of material from Miami Corp almost two years ago for my second rifle case.  Yes it was for the interior and was awesome stuff.  I think I have all my tax number stuff in check for my own account but looked at their website for setting up a new account and was, well...intimidated to be truthful.  Starting so small, everything is intimidating it seems.  I was very happy with their products and will contact him next week and explain all including this thread and your assistance and see what we can do.  Wow, that was darn nice Chris!

Alan