Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 07:23:43 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

It's big & it's black.

Started by Grebo, May 09, 2013, 08:51:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

May 09, 2013, 08:51:32 am Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:55:28 am by Grebo
I am glad this one is finished .
Bimini for a fly bridge Princess 56, It's only 4m x 3.6m about 13ft x 11ft I think.
It's been one of those jobs, it's gone pretty well really.
Started with doing a half pattern ( not something I usually do) as the wind was rising & bad weather was forecast.  :(
I was using Reacril, it is so stiff it's made very thing hurt, shoulders, arms, hands just getting it through the machine.
I was thinking of an excuse reason not to top stitch the pole seams & figured I would settle on the front & back only. Was that a mistake  ??? time will tell.

Sorry no photo today as my trusty Lumix has thrown up a focus error. The OH is about to take it apart as it's well out of guarantee. Me thinks it's going to be a birthday/ Christmas present coming up.  :D

Suzi

Mike

I don't see a problem other then only one stitch maybe id had sewn the binded the seams ,I just had a 20' toon top project.10' in rear 71/2 up fronty with a connector panel
2 days 

Grebo

May 10, 2013, 08:19:31 am #2 Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 08:48:34 am by Grebo
2 days Mike ! Your slowing down.  :D

I got a new camera ( Just in case  :-X )  Now I can't upload to photobucket  :'(

Here go's with Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95703663@N08/8725417651/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95703663@N08/8725417609/

Suzi

Mike

says the pics are private suzi   
yes 2 long daze

Grebo

Have another go mike. Should be ok now. ?

Suzi

Mike

Thats a. Ib o e are you going to make an enclosure?

Crazy radar high. It would shoot right through your head

JuneC

I can see the first photo.  The second one links to my e-mail login screen ????  Go figure. 

Anyway, that's a BIG top!  Nice work, Suzi. 

And yeah, Mike, reminds me of that old PSC where they show an egg frying - "this is your brain on drugs"....   Good way to cook you noodle. 

Aside (for Mojo) - I recall doing some contract work for the military back in my corporate days and the gang on the radar at Dobbins AF base in Georgia used to use their radar to kill birds like most of us would use shotguns.  Kinda scary how much RF is going through all of us ALL the time.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Grebo

Thanks June, don't know whether it's the biggest I have every done but it sure feels like it.
Don't know yet Mike, I did suggest  at least a side curtain but punter is not convinced 'yet, .
I have new screen covers & fly furniture covers to do first anyway.
Suzi

Mike

Window s reen. Overs? But what is fly furniture covers?
On this boat i take it

Grebo

The wrap around windscreen cover he now wants in soltis black in place of the white one & all the covers on the flybridge need replacing, seating, bar, helm etc...----
Yes that's on this boat.

Suzi