Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2024, 12:02:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Need a machine v belt

Started by Mike, April 02, 2013, 07:13:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

What is the best place to get a belt to florida for a julki lu563n

Belt is a m43. V belt.  Almost.  Shot.

sofadoc

If you think that you can adjust the motor down far enough, I've got an M46 I'll give you.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

RiCat

Automotive V belt will work. I bought one for my 563 last July. Autozone - They called it a Valuecraft V Belt #: 15420 ... also.... this might be their internal part #: 576797 - cost: $4.99 - I picked up a couple of them - hope this helps....

Rick

sofadoc

Quote from: RiCat on April 02, 2013, 08:24:46 am
Automotive V belt will work. I bought one for my 563 last July. Autozone
Yeah, I bought one at a lawn mower supply. You can usually go plus or minus 2-3 inches, and just adjust the motor.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Tejas

If the current belt still has the size characteristics printed on the belt, I think you can take that to an automotive parts store and get a replacement. That's what I've done. Whether cogged or not is another question. Apparently cogged belts are designed for small pulleys such as the motor pulley. I'm DIY, used both and haven't noticed the difference.
Dave

Juki 1508; Bernina 217 with CAM Reader

Mike

rhanks sofa but I was wondering if anyone tried a auto parts this id not cogged btw

BigJohn

Mike:
     An M43 belt is 10mm wide and 43 inches long and I'm sure you could give Bob Kovar a call at Toledo sewing machine and he could take care of you. Also a 3L430 (3/8" wide 43" long) fractional horsepower belt from a full service auto parts store, an Industrial supply such as Grainger, a farm supply such as Fleet Farm, Farm & Fleet or Tractor Supply, and the list goes on. I think even Gregg could help you, although I haven't seen him here recently during my less frequent stops at the forum. Also keep in mind fractional belts come in half sizes as well a 3L435 would be 43 1/2 inches long. Hope this helps!
                                                           John