Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 03:16:52 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

New Fabric On The Market

Started by Mojo, March 25, 2013, 05:40:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

March 25, 2013, 05:40:35 am Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:41:18 am by Mojo
I was going to mention that Miami has a new product out on the market called Soluna. It is a heavy 19 oz coated fabric which is similar to Tough Stuff/Herculite/etc. It is available only through Miami Corp.

I am in the process of expanding my line into  vinyl toppers and have been experimenting with different fabrics. MiamiMike sent me a cut of Soluna to play with and I like the stuff. It is very similar to Tough Stuff.

Makes great awning material, tarps, etc. Extremely strong. I will see if MiamiMike will come on and give a better description. I am not a fabric expert, he is. I just buy the stuff and sew it. :)

Chris

Mike

once I was making lightweight fabric cover for snowmobile trailers. most were 2 place that folded up. but I MADE SOME ON 4 PLACE TRAILERS. with aluminum 1" square tubing. 12" apart rafter up over and down. i covered them with coated hurculite with the Steele stitch awning system.  I tried a new similar  coated vinyl from the old unitex  co  called coverlight and id fit the canvas tight naturally  but I came in to work the next morning and was shocked at how the vinyl had sagged   .being winyer and cold I expected it to yighten more even  but it sagged  . I retighted iti pulling about 3/8"over a 12" span. I never used it again,

my point I geese test it well for all conditions you will expect it to see

Miami Mike

Yes Mojo, we had this made for the awning side of our business. But it can be used in many markets like truck tarps, gym mats ect. What makes this Coated 19oz different is the finish. We added a slight grain to it like an orange peel and we took the vinyl shine out. So it will look like a fabric on the top side. Soluna also comes with a 5 year warranty.
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna