Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 07, 2024, 07:29:20 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Quoting to manufacturer cost.

Started by Eric, February 11, 2013, 05:23:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

I have this cushion to quote to build. The cushion is 1/2 of sunpad, I will need to build the other 1/2. The OEM is formula boats. I have their cost, to buy this completed from them. Would you match that price? Charge more because it would be custom? Charge less? Buy from them, and not build it yourself, and add small markup for handling. Or large markup.
Thanks Eric.

JuneC

You can usually charge a bit more than the factory because of your lead time vs. theirs.  Some will go for it, some won't.  I've found Formula's suggested retail price to be a bit on the high side, but they do use dri-fast foam and that looks like a big piece.  But, you'll have to make the template and cut the foam and vinyl where they have the templates all ready to go.  If you're busy, I'd buy from them and add the shipping plus maybe 10 - 15% to handle the transaction.  Be sure to get their delivery time before going that route.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

MinUph

Like any other job. Figure what it would cost you to build and finish it and charge accordingly. If your less than factory great if your more then that's great too.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website