Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 11:21:03 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

New Shop space

Started by Mike, January 28, 2013, 01:15:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

January 28, 2013, 01:15:55 pm Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:58:21 pm by Mike
the new shops set I didn't make it last week to the MFA convention as I was painting and building tables
pre paint
last tenant left 2 nice work tables on wheels!

Paint

sewing tables

ive got more to set up but as I go along it will get done  ive got some upholstery to do so the compressor will probably get moved tomorrow

JDUpholstery

Thats a great space, I bet you are gonna really enjoy all that room to work now!

gene

Awesome. It's great to see folks growing and expanding.

I do furniture upholstery so I don't need sewing tables that big. But, with a 3" sheet of foam, that would make a great place to take a nap.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

Great space Mike congrats.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Darren Henry

Lookin' good buddy. I don't see alot of electrical outlets though. If you're short you could mount a 2-3 gang outlet box under your table(s)with  one cord feeding the 4 or 6 outlets. No extension cords to trip over, and you could leave your heat gun,hot knife,small fan,etc... plugged in and hung on the edge of the table ready to grab and use. You'd never use more than 2 at time [hot knife and fan sort of thing] so your load would be no different than if you were using only the duplex receptacle that your cord is plugged into.

I can't get over how close your sewing tables come to your left rib cage.I know you're a south paw,but if I have to move over from right behind the needle it get's interesting keeping the seams straight and the pace up.

I know I've asked before; but jog my memory,what have you got for doors? Any trouble getting say---an engine cover or a large console in to work on?

I'm happy for you, my friend. It's gonna be nice once you get all settled in and tricked out.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

jojo

Very nice! Did you build those sewing tables yourself?

west coast

Nice work space! I really like the big tables

kodydog

Nice set up Mike. Enjoy your new adventure.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

January 28, 2013, 07:06:41 pm #8 Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:12:21 pm by MikeM8560
thanks  yes jojo I did,
Darren good eye that was my complaint also but each table has like you say a multiple plugs on the side or the table for stuff.
I like having the needle inline with the fabric laying on the table 60"wide  I can sew it right off the roll holder at the end of the table
ive got a big door and could get a 25'ish boat in if one table was gone but I don't get people here with trailors most tall boat I have to go dockside to in the owners backyard

or the few at a marina so If u do have one on a trailor in there drive way I just go to it also

its not like I had in NH were everything came to me

Mojo

Dang.....I am sooooo jealous. Looks awesome Mike. All kinds of room and nice wide/long tables. I am still cutting and sewing on a 4 x 10 table. :(

Great setup. Congrats. :)

Chris

regalman190

Nice Mike! Congrats. Looks like you have plenty of room and the tables are nice and big.
Regal Canvas

scarab29

Congrats Mike ! I didn't make down to the mfa after all either. Long story there. Anyway , I've been a little quiet on the board since hurricane sandy. Just too much going on here. Moved my business too. New shop is about 4000 sq ft ! Just ordered another machine today , one of my locals had a dozen consew 206rb refurbished machines for like half of a new one so I had to grab one. So far this january has been kick butt just not sure weather its since I was closed for 2.5 weeks from the hurricane and another 2 after moving the shop. Still gonna be a tough year trying to make up over a months business. Ill post some pics , photobucket not taking them right now. Again good luck !
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Darren Henry

QuoteI like having the needle inline with the fabric laying on the table 60"wide  I can sew it right off the roll holder at the end of the table

Makes perfect sense. I just struggle when I have to sew "side saddle" like when I have large roll of tarp under my armpit and have to slide over. Luckily most of my stuff is light enough that I can make it "go around me" on it's way through.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

Quote from: scarab29 on January 29, 2013, 12:37:38 pm
Congrats Mike ! I didn't make down to the mfa after all either. Long story there. Anyway , I've been a little quiet on the board since hurricane sandy. Just too much going on here. Moved my business too. New shop is about 4000 sq ft !

400sf that huge cool mone is a 1000, do you have room to get boats inside I would have loved that in NH ,  why did you moved was the last place storm damaged? I forgot to ask how's the boat?

timtheboatguy

Mike,
Nice job on the shop. What is the size of your tables?
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur