Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 10:28:09 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Anybody need a fan?

Started by Darren Henry, January 20, 2013, 09:25:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

If anyone needs a very speed fan they can use my hydro meter. We're having a bit of a cold snap and I can just imagine my next hydro bill  :'( That meter must be just whirling.

I've converted this over to Fahrenheit for those that use that system, but there is an icon next to the pic in the top left corner to revert to Celsius for those more comfortable with that.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/camb0025
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Darren Henry

Quotethere is an icon next to the pic

sorry ;  currant temp is a better description.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

kodydog

Funny thing is they thought it necessary to post a "Wind Chill Warning". Ya think.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

Darren Henry

I hate you Brother. :-* May your sandals get filled with ants,and blackflies annoy your next BBQ.

I had to top up a tire while I was at the store getting chilli parts. As my little compresser/boost starter/other gadgets machine was working away ,the radio said minus 44 *C wind chill.

Mojo

What a rotten day here ( just North of Mike ). A very cold 70 degrees.

I can remember many cold days when growing up in Michigan. I remember one severe cold snap where we wore surgeons masks to keep from breathing the cold air which seemed to scorch your lungs. 15 minutes max outside was all you could stand before worrying about frostbite.

When I retired I said screw that I am out of here. I vowed to never shovel another inch of snow again.

Chris

JuneC

Wholly crap!!!!   :o  I wouldn't know how to act in that kind of cold.  I'd probably die of stupidity  :-X  Ya know - doing something really foolish 'cause I've never had to deal with it before.  It was 79 F here today.  The water was 74.5.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

byhammerandhand

January 21, 2013, 02:28:44 pm #7 Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:31:48 pm by byhammerandhand
Holy black ice, Batman!

Two pileups today on local expressways.  50 vehicles on one, 86, including a fatality, on the other.  Apparently, it went from dry and light snow to white-out and black ice in seconds.

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Mike

where was this hammer?
I was headed north one day on I 95  black ice my brother was drive swerving missing all these auto ahead of us spinning out . I looked behind us and saw a fuel tanker  tractor in the slow lane with his trailer crossing the rest of the highway sideways  :o I calmly told my brother he doing great just keep going  ;D

Darren Henry

Quoteight snow to white-out and black ice in seconds.

I hate black ice  >:( >:( >:( Any other peril that winter can offer you can react to.
>"IT"S COLD" ---Plug the car in,put on another layer,and make sure your warm boots are still in the back seat.DUH!
>'BLOWING SNOW'---Slow down dumb ass.DUH!
>"FINGER DRIFTS ON ONE SIDE OF YOUR LANE"---see above
>"anything else"---see above

How do you defend against a situation you are not aware of? A couple of years ago I borrowed Dad's van to bring the last of my chattels out here. It was windy, it was open prairie, I know that that stretch of road can get nasty so I back off on the foot feed even further . The wind got under the van and I did a 360 across both west bound lanes and stuffed 'er in the rhubarb. For the next couple of hours the guy that thundered in a couple of hundred yards later and I watched everyone fly past at or in excess of the posted speed limit. The half dozen or so that actually stopped all step out onto the pavement and went "Holy experlative" It's icy. Here's a Bill Engville minute for you; Two vehicles in the ditch, in the middle of nowhere with their head lights pointing sort of toward the highway.Here's your sign

byhammerandhand

One with 50 was on I75 between Dayton and Cincinnati, OH.   One with 86 was on the northwest outerbelt of Cincinnati.

About 20 years ago, I had to make a trip across the state to attend my brother-in-law's funeral.   On the way back, there was pretty much a blizzard.   Coming down a mile long hill in northern Ohio, I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw a guy fishtailing like crazy in the other lane.   I told the family to hang on just as he hit my rear quarter panel and put me into a 270.   For the next hour everyone coming across the peak of the hill saw the carnage and went into a slide.   There must have been 50 cars and semis in various states of stuck and crash before it all settled down and I could dig myself out.   Not an experience I ever want to go through again.  I still can't drive that hill without remembering the day.

Quote from: MikeM8560 on January 21, 2013, 04:15:10 pm
where was this hammer?
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison