Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 12:14:03 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Good(custoners) jobs vs bad (not so good)

Started by Mike, January 12, 2013, 10:36:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

January 12, 2013, 10:36:16 am Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:17:31 pm by MikeM8560
I did a 45 sailboat finnished a day aFter. Christmass. Went ok but but the customer lived in GA.mwirked in NY and was out of the country and i just got a chect 2 weeks later.

This last week  i did this small job just installed this morning

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/photo-9.jpg
Customer was happy lived here and paid.  
Alot less stress;)

zanepurcell

that job looks very nice Mike. What kind of glass did you use? Is that sunbrella black>

Zane

Mike

January 12, 2013, 03:42:59 pm #2 Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:14:23 pm by MikeM8560
The Owner was looking to dress the boat uP with it forsale so it was 40g roll
Vinyl and  outdura canvas.  recwater top

edited mistake it was 40g not 30

zanepurcell

well, it turned out quite nice. I assume you got binding and facing from miami that matches the outdura for the enclosure.
Have you ever used 20 gauge roll?

Zane

JuneC

Nice job, Mike.  For 30 ga. roll goods, you did a good job of keeping the wrinkles out.  Of course our hot weather helps in getting it all stretched out and snapped.  I'm starting to think our winter is over.  Lots of folks were swimming today - water temp was 74 F.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

Quote from: JuneC on January 12, 2013, 06:31:56 pm
I'm starting to think our winter is over. 

June

ya what was it about a week or 2?  I dug out my sweatshirt but havnt washed it yet winter but still all I wear is shorts

you don't know how good you've had it june all your life

Darren Henry

Sounds like you remember those mornings in NH when you had to plug the dog it as well as the car 8)
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Great job Mike ( as always ). You are truly a master.

This winter has been amazing. Amazing temperatures, even in the northern part of Florida. I have enjoyed it.

Chris

kodydog

Fantastic job Mike, I envy your skills. If this is global warming I'm loving it. Sunny and 80* today here in Live Oak. Perfect weather.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

ya I was concerened when I came to florida on vacation in my rv and I crossed the border and it was in the 40s one morning in November. I kept driving till it hit 80 8)

Mike

Quote from: zanepurcell on January 12, 2013, 06:07:17 pm
well, it turned out quite nice. I assume you got binding and facing from miami that matches the outdura for the enclosure.
Have you ever used 20 gauge roll?

Zane
I make my own facing method to double face . save binding only having to bind the top and bottom edges of a  panel
and as far as 20 yes when I made small lake boat windows up north
http://www.bayviewcanvas.com/files/century_after.jpg
on large window nid never go 20   and now 30 is AS THIN AS I WILL GO

zanepurcell

do you just cut strips and turn down both edges? do you use a binding maker or just fold it and sew?
Zane

Darren Henry

QuoteLots of folks were swimming today - water temp was 74 F.

We swim up here too ;) ---just not very far or for very long LOL.

BTW 12º below F or -25 ºC right now.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

byhammerandhand

It's gonna take a while to get the picture out of my head.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison