Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 08:26:53 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Closed Sign is Up

Started by Mojo, December 03, 2012, 08:48:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Thats right ya'll, I hung the sign and closed the shop up.........for the year. :)

I blew through a crap load of orders and got them all done and am now on vacation till January 4th. I ordered a 68 yard roll from MiamiMike today of fabric to have it ready to go after the first of the year and to start filling orders then.

Now it is time to get started on a big list of projects around the house before we blow this pop stand, load up the bus and haul butt for Richmond.

I cannot tell you how awesome it feels. Hopefully I wont get any rush orders between now and then.

Chris

Darren Henry

Good for you,Chris. Enjoy your time off but stay in touch.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

I envy you chris ive been trying to jugke work and house projects. The house has been loosing. 
Do you get alot or orders for  one color most?

Mojo

Probably 60 % are heather Beige and the rest are in multitude of different colors. Monaco used certain sunbrella colors so those are popular. I have done complete color change outs before but that requires replacing everything, typically on a quad slide coach - about 8 toppers/awnings.

I have no idea how much fabric I have burned through this year but I know it is over 1,000 yards. I need to contact Kerry at Miami and see if she can print me out a year end sheet of some sort showing all my totals. I think they should have that.

I believe I went through 5 spools of Solarfix ( at $ 200 each ). About a half dozen rolls of binding, etc.

It was a very busy year for me.

Chris

Mojo

Mike:

As an FYI for you and June. Miami does have a sales history program. They can generate it for the year and then put it into PDF file form and e-mail it to you. Just give MiamiMike a call and request one if you want.

Chris

Mike

that's good to know chris is it something I can access on the site or did you have to talk to someone? id like to know my amounts also

Mojo

Just drop Mike an e-mail and he will generate one for you. He has to do it himself.

Chris

kodydog

Way to go Chris. you need some time off.

The Christmas holiday is weird this year. The place I work will close Dec 22 and not reopen until Jan 2. That will be 11 days off for my co-workers. A bit of a hardship. Fortunately I have plenty of work in my shop and will get to spend some time with family and visit St Augustine a few days.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

baileyuph

Busy boy Chris!  Enjoy your time off, will you still stay in touch?

Doyle

Mojo

Yes we have internet on the bus. Hot spot something or another. My wife is the tech geek in the family and she takes care of all that. I just know I have internet while traveling.

Chris

Mojo

Got my sales history from Miami. I went over the 1,000 yard mark on fabric. it showed 5 spools of Solarfix a few hundred yards of binding and some other odd's and ends.

I hit the 5 digit mark on fabric costs alone. YIKES.

I am curious to how much fabric other stitchers go through in a year. Does anyone else have an idea or an approximate idea ?

Chris

Mike

I have no idea but 5 figure im sure at $200 a week easy
Id be interest to see the relation to canvas vs upholstery vinyl
I see mike is on the road this week so i wont bother him

mike802

Good for you Chris!  Relax and enjoy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Mojo

Quote from: MikeM8560 on December 05, 2012, 05:58:11 am
I have no idea but 5 figure im sure at $200 a week easy
Id be interest to see the relation to canvas vs upholstery vinyl
I see mike is on the road this week so i wont bother him

I told him yesterday that you would be calling him and probably June too. He said no problem.
He sent it to me at night when he got back to his office at his house. To hard to do while driving. :)

It was interesting to see everything. I ordered almost 500 yards of Sattler 314-919. It is the most common color on Monaco coaches. But I also ordered alot of toher colors. 100 yds of maroon, tons of grey, etc.

Chris

Mike

I sent mike a email this morning about the show passes I got a automatic reply saying he was on the road this week but he did email me himself shortly later about sending some. ill wait till he off the road