Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 07:24:50 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

rebuild car bench seat

Started by edward, November 24, 2012, 06:54:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

edward

I am working on rebuilding a set of bench seats from a 1953 Chrysler car. They have coil springs. In between the burlap  and the stuffing is something that looks like a flex o lator or perma mesh. Burlap with fine wires running thru it. The thick cord that connects the fine wires is broke in several places. This is not like a new seat with springs attached to the mesh, just laying on top of the coil springs. I was given advice to not worry about this and just wrap the top of the seat in heavy canvas to replace broken pieces? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Darren Henry

Not my forte; but if none of the other auto trimmers jump in I'd get ahold of stitcher-guy.

I don't know how involved Russ is on the board (I've been AWOL for a while) but here is his contact info from our members list:

russ@prostitchauto.com

Hope this helps.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

sofadoc

Quote from: Darren Henry on November 24, 2012, 08:20:32 am
I don't know how involved Russ is on the board (I've been AWOL for a while)
This board could benefit from a lot more Russ......AND a lot more Darren.
Whatever you been doing that's been keeping you away, STOP IT!!!
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

Quote from: sofadoc on November 24, 2012, 08:47:10 am
Quote from: Darren Henry on November 24, 2012, 08:20:32 am
I don't know how involved Russ is on the board (I've been AWOL for a while)
This board could benefit from a lot more Russ......AND a lot more Darren.
Whatever you been doing that's been keeping you away, STOP IT!!!

I agree....... Quit chasing the women Darren and get on here. Russ after your done with facebook postings get on here.

I am going to send you both to the principals office if you two don't straighten up. :)

Chris

Darren Henry

QuoteQuit chasing the women Darren

Now that's funny  8).  I can't even be bothered chasing the one I've got,lately. LOL

Thanks for the welcome back,guys.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!