Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 07:17:04 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

In the Spirit of This Holiday

Started by Mojo, November 21, 2012, 03:33:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I just wanted to say I am thankful for this forum and for all of you. This site has been instrumental in my business growing to the level it has. All of you have also been the reason for my personal growth in this trade by offering your advice, help and assistance. I cherish the friendships I have made here and am grateful to belong to such an awesome group of tradespeople.

I am also thankful for the assistance from Bob Kovar and MiamiMike who are always there for me during the times I need them.

And last but surely not least I am thankful for Ken who keeps this forum going where this great big dysfunctional family can come to congregate, gripe, laugh and seek help. Thank you Ken.

May all of you and your families be blessed with a great Thanksgiving.

Chris

Mike

Im thankful i can still sew and have somthing to sew.
I second on mike a vreat guy and the best most helpful sAlesman ive ever had.
And fhanks to ken for rhe forum also. Somtomorow some turkey cooking some sewing and some eating

Darren Henry

I want to wish all of Y'all  a happy Thanksgiving. But I don't understand why you are always so late  ???. Did y'all over hibernate , or was ice out that much later down there ?  8) Our's was 08 Oct. LOL.Crop in the bin ---two days of indigestion---start making Halloween costumes that fit over the ski doo suits---DEER SEASON.
Love and best wishes all.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

west coast

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! All the best eh

JuneC

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

baileyuph

Lot's to be thankful for here, great input, etc.  Very thankful for Ken providing this site.

Happy Thanksgiving All,

Doyle

sofadoc

November 22, 2012, 09:42:58 am #6 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:54:52 am by sofadoc
Just got back from the 45th annual "Turkey Trot" 5K run in downtown Dallas (I was merely a spectator, my wife and daughter ran the race).
While they ran the 5K, I took my 9 year old grandson over to see where JFK was shot.
I was 5 years old that day, and was reading a comic book on the steps of the old county courthouse when the motorcade passed by. My mother waited tables at a diner nearby. We didn't even know what happened until we got home later that day.
I'm thankful that 49 years later, I'm still around to show my Grandkids where it all took place.
And thankful that I have a wife who can come in 10 minutes ahead of my 25 year old daughter in a 5K race.  And REALLY thankful that I don't have to run it. ;D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

Dennis:

I bet that visit to that spot was a little eerie.

In regards to running ? I will only run to the bathroom when I feel my grippers about to give or if the house is on fire. Other then that this old boy will not run for anything else.

;D

Chris

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on November 23, 2012, 06:45:09 am
I bet that visit to that spot was a little eerie.
It used to be, but I've been there many times.
Any time that I've ever had relatives from out of state pay me a visit, they want to see 2 places. The JFK site, and Southfork Ranch.

Mojo

Ironic..........both places had someone shot. The President and JR.  :o

Chris

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on November 23, 2012, 07:47:42 am
Ironic..........both places had someone shot. The President and JR.
The two biggest "Who dunnit?"'s of all time.

gene

November 23, 2012, 11:22:42 am #11 Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:23:52 am by gene
In the spirit of this forum we went from talking about thanksgiving to talking about death.   8)

Gratitude is the spice of life. Being thankful is the spice dispenser.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: sofadoc on November 23, 2012, 08:16:00 am
Quote from: Mojo on November 23, 2012, 07:47:42 am
Ironic..........both places had someone shot. The President and JR.
The two biggest "Who dunnit?"'s of all time.
Now, 49 years later, JR dies................conspiracy?

CKKC

Hmmmm,   I wonder if my six-pack of JR beer will finally be worth something!!