Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 04:34:42 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Letest project. Pontoon upholstery

Started by Mike, November 11, 2012, 01:21:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

You are the Master Mike. Fabulous work. :)

Chris

Mike

Thanks the   Hallence was upholstering the console in place i didnt wand to remove all the cables and wiring.

baileyuph

A lot of work there Mike.

Do you enjoy interior work as much as canvas?  Matter?

What was the condition of the old foam?  Use it pretty much in the condition as it was or was there replacements or enhancements?

The inside back insert (in green) curious if you had enhance any of that foam?  Some times I have to enhance (or?) the foam with the most use or element exposure.  On the green insert you run the stretch (most stretch if it is bidirectional stretch) along the length to negotiate the inside curves?  I suspect you ran the stretch for most of the vinyle along the width of the seat opposed to "top to bottom" directions.

Cording again, I understand your method of doing the cording (I think with flat feet), do you have the feet numbers of the feet used.  I may have the same feet if they fit the Singer 111W as well?

Last question Mike, what vinyl for this work do you prefer?

I lied, are you going to make canvas cover(s) for this boat?  You mentioned canvas next.

Thread, I suppose you used #92 Poly?

Good work,

Doyle

Mike

First doyle i like doing sest i bring them All to the shop. Then do o enat a time and see how it looks before ininstall them unlike a. An as job i make pattern tranfer them to
Canvas sew then have to see bow good i did after goj g onsite and fitting it eith the seat i know how it looks before iinstAll. Most people dont want to spend for new foam and if it was ealosed and deferiorated then i will fix it adding new foam. Ut this was all good and still
Firm with no exsposure. The vinyl  was seabrook   Installing the skin on a. Urved back the green section had a unnormal deep tuck.   Installing he skin i staple in position the ends streaching in the middle to the curve. Working  the cirst foam piece then gluing the next foammpiece roll the. Inyl down stalling in the same sequence ends the streacing the center into the curve soningueese ya that would be streaching lengthwise.

baileyuph

Same around here too Mike, people want to go fast but they don't want to pay, LOL.

The way you do things, a trimmer has to get some experience to be able to do it.

Lots of judgment involved.  For me to make a decent buck out of the boat work, I have to figure out a very efficient way to do it, can't be on it forever.

I guess all that I do is that way.

Doyle

regalman190

Regal Canvas

cthomps

Mike that looks great.  Started mine today.  Only ran into a couple surprises.  No biggy so far.  Thanks for the pics.  Now I have something to aspire too!
"Trying to make a living, one stitch at a time."