Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 04:31:01 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Brochure

Started by gene, November 11, 2012, 10:33:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

Howdy,

My project for this holiday season is to put together a brochure for my furniture upholstery studio: front and back of maybe one page, two pages at the most, that will show all the services and products that I offer.

I'm thinking of thick stock paper and maybe paying a printer to print it? Make it look professional?

I work mostly with Interior Designers so my focus will be on a brochure that they carry with them to either show their customers or that will remind them of the things I offer.

Has anyone else done something like this?

What items did you list?

What software did you use or did you have someone do it for you?

Did you use only your photos? Or no photos?

How was it received? Did people appreciate it or was it kind of like when you walk down the street at a tourist trap and the sidewalk hawkers try to hand you fliers?

Did it help you bring in additional business?

My thought is that I will not have prices on the brochure.

Thanks for your thoughts.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

November 11, 2012, 10:43:49 am #1 Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 11:14:50 am by sofadoc
 I've been very happy with the signs, banners, and business cards from Vistaprint. They're at least worth a look for price comparison.

http://www.vistaprint.com/brochures.aspx?txi=15680&xnid=TopNav_Brochures+(linked+item)_Marketing+Materials_Marketing+Products&xnav=TopNav
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

I agree with Vista print. They do a fine job. I did brochures years ago and didn't have much return on investment. But that doesn't mean you wont. Pictures do allot for any print media. As you say prices are a no no. Prices change from job to job and you can't lock into any price on an ad. Personally I only use pictures of my own. Anyone else s work just gets in the way when people may think its yours. Try a small batch and see how it goes. It won't hurt.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

I did my own design and used Vista Print. I believe your going to find Vista Print is cheaper then local print shops.

I went with rack cards which is basically a brochure printed on card stock. This picture came out crappy due to the scanner but you can get the general idea.

I include one of these cards with each of my orders and also use them at rallys and shows. They make rack card holders that you can sit on a table.

Hope this helps give you a few ideas.

Rack Cards :  http://s181.beta.photobucket.com/user/throgmartin/media/Upholstery%20Projects/StoneVosRackCard.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

Mike

I gad brochur cards like mojo made up but i went to ampocsl pronter inset them out whhdn i was at boat show for people to grab. Had a few example of work and what we do    Contact  ect. Wuen the table was to busy somone could swoop in and grab and and go. Along with a buisness card.

baileyuph

Nice brochure Chris, I am sure they draw considerable interest.

You enjoy that type of work, curious how you got into that.  There are a good number of RV's around here but surely not the number down in god's country where you are.

Doyle

baileyuph

Gene,

I would think his brochure would dove tail in well with your operation, good exposure for all that you do and the potentially new ottomans.

Doyle

Mike

Doyle this state is full of RVs in the winter. And ive never seen so many dealers

baileyuph

I know of one or two around here, they are starving due to the economy and gas cost (or fuel) to run them.

I haven't had a request to work on one for a few weeks now, people have no money! 

Are we heading into another recession?  I sense it in the wind.  Hope not.

Yes, I can picture Florida and all those RV's.  I bet some buy a lot and use it for parking during the winter.  Then, go north when i gets real hot?

Doyle

Mojo

Doyle:

I will answer your question in a new thread. I do not want to hijack Gene's thread. I can also give a report on the RV Industry as it stands now.

Chris

Mojo

Gene:

I forgot to mention that if you need me to look ad copy over for you or need help with the design, please let me know. That goes for others here. I am always willing to help others out.

Chris