Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 03:28:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

spring system

Started by Ageorge, November 06, 2012, 12:50:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ageorge

Someone brought a chair in today and at first glance I coudl tell the springs needed retied. However, after removing the cambric it appears to be a drop in system-or I think that is what it is called after doing some internet reseach. It is all wire-springs on top of wavy wire (I haven't seen anything like it). The problem is the wires have broke-and I'm not sure how it can be fixed. I haven't seen anything like it to purchase. I thought about adding webbing, but the wires are broken and I'm not sure how that would help anyways. Does anyone know if something like that can be purchased? Or what I can use instead?

MinUph

The wires are re tied like twine but it takes some practice to do it. You wrap it around the springs. The lower section could be webbed and steal webbing put under the webbing.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website