Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 03:33:24 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Do Any of You Know Anything About This Chair

Started by Mojo, November 04, 2012, 05:56:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

My wife wants to buy me a new chair for Christmas. Our couch is one we bought back in 1998 and it has been awesome. Very expensive, very well made and weighs a ton. Leather and oak construction.

She wants to find a matching chair and while the design on this is a perfect match the color of the leather is more of a maroon. I haven't a clue as to what company or brand is the best now days. Our couch has a tag on it that says Milano - Robinson & Robinson. I just found out they went out of business.

My question is have any of you had any experience with a chair like the one below and can you recommend a brand ? I do not want to buy junk and want something that will last several years.

I still cannot believe how well this couch has held up. Through 3 german shepherds using it as a bed not to mention my wife uses it daily as her chair. It still looks awesome and the cushions are in perfect shape.

Any suggestions or help picking me out a chair would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Here is the chair - http://www.havertys.com/Product_30207?curIndex=15&resultCount=17

MinUph

Hey Chris,
The chair looks nice. The sample is done well. It is a sample and not a chair you would get so look it over and try it out. Havertys is a mid range furniture store. You should check out Florida Leather. When we were looking for a recliner I stopped there and was impressed with their leather. Very nice and the furniture is 100% leather. Most leather furniture now is leather on the seating areas and matching vinyl on the rest. Perfectly matched.
  The cushion is not reversible but that is fairly normal with leather.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

Thanks Paul.

I read the horror stories here from you furniture guys and it makes me scared to buy anything. I would like a nice solidly built chair ( preferably Oak ) with good leather ( not bonded leather ) with a good spring / cushion system.

Is it even possible to find something like this these days ?

Chris