Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 03:38:37 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

business meetings

Started by gene, October 14, 2012, 05:11:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

Hey Chris and byhammer and you others who used to work in corporate America:

How many business meetings have you attended where this is exactly what you heard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MA3406YJUg

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

October 14, 2012, 11:16:57 am #1 Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 11:19:08 am by byhammerandhand
Most meetings that I've attended were nothing more than complete wastes of time.  My last boss would go on for two hours transferring information that could have been done much more easily and effectively by written form.  We didn't even get donuts.

The first boss I had never had enough to do.   One supervisor reported to him, and three engineers reported to that supervisor.   At the end of every day, we'd all go into his office for 20-30 minutes and tell what we'd done that day.  In our whole department, there were more management people than engineers.  Some managers had no direct reports.

"If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings"  - Dave Barry
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Rich

Thanks for posting that Gene, I was laughing through the whole thing. Reminds me of how the old comedians could get laughs without the crude words so many "comedians" rely on today. Heck, he even did it with NO words!
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

Mojo

Quote from: Rich on October 15, 2012, 07:08:38 pm
Thanks for posting that Gene, I was laughing through the whole thing. Reminds me of how the old comedians could get laughs without the crude words so many "comedians" rely on today. Heck, he even did it with NO words!
Rich

I agree Rich.  :)

Chris

Mojo

I attended so many meetings that were a complete waste of time that it wasnt funny. I used to call meetings but did so sparingly and only when I needed to kick some ass and get a project back on track.

When I got a meeting notice and seen it was from certain people I wanted to run out and jump off a bridge. I knew those meetings were going to be boring and useless and a complete waste of time.

Chris