Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 01:30:59 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Dodger Chafe Material

Started by regalman190, October 10, 2012, 07:07:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

Hi All! Hope everyone is well and busy!

I haven't been on in quite some time. Busy wrapping up canvas jobs before winter hits.

I have a question. What material do you use for the chafe protection on dodgers? I'm replacing a front curtain and the client wants what is on his tops. It looks like leather or suede. Greenish on color.

Thanks.
Regal Canvas

Mike

I done see alot of this type work but when i do i e used colored hurculite typr msteriam to match mostly

Peppy

We use Samson (herculite). I've seen topgun, personally I think that'd be better since it's got a bit more stretch than samson. Less puck and shrink I'd think (less tough too). I've also seen leather and vinyl. I don't like that.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

scarab29

October 17, 2012, 08:25:27 am #3 Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:27:33 am by scarab29
Used vinyl before , one customer requested leather for the top edge of the doger and inside the boom cover as that was on the 20+ year old canvas I was replacing. Captain navy was the color canvas so i used black leather. You can kind of see it on the back top edge of the doger.

duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.