Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 10:13:28 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Batten Down the hatches Mike

Started by Mojo, August 21, 2012, 05:12:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

It appears we may have another storm coming our way. The models put it into the gulf with a right turn just like Debby. There is also a lot of warm water in its path.

Not good for you and not good for me. :(

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/19327071/2012/08/21/tropical-depression-forms-near-caribbean-expected-to-strengthen

Chris

JuneC

Actually hurricanes are great for the marine canvas business.  So many people just leave their canvas on board and it gets shredded.  But putting up shutters in this heat is a PITA.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

August 21, 2012, 09:16:37 am #2 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:18:51 am by MikeM8560
I made alot with charley at the time my house  was just far enough on the good side
It wss more like s huge tornado then a hurricane verry small and thankfully fast.
i only  had 3 palm trees  blow down. i still had power with underground lines so i was still coll with the houses one street over in the dark. Eith just buting my house then the stroke and getting back to work i havnt go all the shutters i need yet but today im headed to my agent to update my homeowners policy

Mike

Mike

gene

I hope Russia gets all their subs out of the Gulf before it hits.

I would love to retire on Sanibel Island, but only if I was rich enough to go visit Europe or China and not have to worry about my house was still there when I got home.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

August 23, 2012, 07:33:34 am #6 Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:39:28 am by MikeM8560

For thoose who dont know there are 2 major bay on the west coast of cloria tampa bay the noerther bay and. Harlotte harbor the sothern  smaller   Im kn the harbor  and mojos just north of tampa.

Mojo

Isaac is a Democrat.

RNC convention hall - 4 ft above sea level. Tampa's forum - 6 ft above sea level.

Not good.

Chris

scarab29

Hope it stays away from you guys and my place in sarasota too !!!!
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Kathy0701

Hope it stays away from both you guys!  It just occurred to me that our family's little house in Crystal Beach is probably right in there as well (why was I thinking Tampa was Orlando?  DUH!  I'm not even blonde... it must be rubbing off from my baby sister).  These hurricanes make our winter blizzards seem like nothing!

Stay safe!

~ Kathy

Kathy0701

SHHR

I'm takin my son on his first hog hunt down there in little over a month. I hope these storms don't tear too much up. In regard to Gene's comment in te Russian subs in the gulf; I've always wanted to go bow fishing. I just may have to put a rig on mine and go after some ruskies!
Kyle

Mike

August 23, 2012, 04:53:15 pm #12 Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:24:52 pm by MikeM8560
Say scarab. Sarasota only 30 40
Mins up the road if uour ever  down this way say hi and have a corona.
Do you winter  in sarasota?

JuneC

Looks like you have a crappy weekend ahead, Mike.  Enjoy the aftermath!  Might not be enough to really do canvas damage, but some covers on the edge will be done for when the wind picks up.  Our weekend might not be exactly sunny either, but Saturday is supposed to be nice at least. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

I hate all fhe hype they have been giving on it. When i moved here shortly after i had the
Stroke and  i was set back on things inhad to do. One was buying shutters. They almost had me buyi g plywood yesterday.   Coulle housed in the neighborhood had a tree guy out for a hurricane trim.
Keep oving farther into fhe gulf snd jim. Antore seems ulset the storm isnt firing up.
I hope it dozent impact us ive cot to much to so to be disrupted.