Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 09:31:53 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

glue fabric to metal?

Started by Ageorge, August 13, 2012, 09:53:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ageorge

Has anyone had any experience gluing fabric to metal? I have an exam table that was done this way (I assumed it would be wood that I could staple to as I have done in the past). What is a good glue to use? I have tried the spray Camie glue and it is not strong enough.

Thanks for any help?

byhammerandhand

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

MinUph

I use regular contact cement. Two coats on the fabric and generally 1 on the metal. Brush it on or spray if you have a sprayer.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Ageorge

Thanks! Used the contact cement Learned the hard way that you need to let it dry for a bit before sticking together. Struggled with the corners a bit, though. I'm wondering if maybe heavy duty stick on velcro might ever be an option? Hoping the next one is wood so I can use my staple gun