Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:28:27 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Zig Zag Spring hanger needed

Started by baileyuph, August 06, 2012, 05:56:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

August 06, 2012, 05:56:36 pm Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:10:49 pm by DB
The hanger I need is installed at the very back of the zig zag spring and hangs on the spring clip on the rear rail.  In essense, between the zig zag spring and the spring clip on the rear rail.

More discussion to explain if needed (which I doubt):

The hanger needed is something shaped similar to a horse shoe where the tips of the horse shoe is turned into a circle.  These two turnings are used to thread the zig zag spring through and the center of the horse shoe is placed or hung over a clip attached to the furniture frame.  The hanger is normally at the back of the zig zag (back of the chair/couch) and makes a hinge for the zig zag.

I have a recliner in need of such a hanger, after checking in supply catalogs, could not find such.  I see it in newer furniture quite frequently and noted under certain conditions will bend if the zig zag spring is twisted enough but do not often see them break.

Any one know where such a hanger can be obtained?

Doyle

sofadoc

I'll post a pic in the morning. If it's what you need, I'll send you some.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

baileyuph

Thanks Dennis, I am sure with your experience, got the idea.

It is merely a hinge between the back end of the zig zag and the spring clip on the rear rail.

The end of the zig zag of the threads through the eyelets in the legs of the hinge.

I am going to send you payment, least I can do.

I have been thinking about the admonishment June gave me for using the camera more.  I have to agree with her in this quest for I could have posted a picture.

If you have the part Dennis, I would be interested in where they are available.

If you don't have it and no one else does, I am going back to the retailer of the sofa I got some zig zag springs and get them to order from their factory, the hinge I am now searching for, that is.

Not many upholsters like to work on the newer junk in my area, is the idea I get and once word gets around, more work follows, I suppose.

I tried Burch plus some smaller suppliers for this hinge, couldn't come up with it.

One of your suppliers in Arkansas, A&A for example, would you expect them to have to the hinge?  What was his name, Jim?  I have purchased from them on other items.  They give me three day shipping, I believe.....or is it two.  I am over 40 now, so excuse me. ;) ;) (sorry Gene, did it without thinking!).  LOL.

I will check mail tomorrow,

Doyle

sofadoc

August 06, 2012, 08:48:47 pm #3 Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:54:06 pm by sofadoc
Scroll down 8th item from the top (Hingelink):
http://www.decoratorsupplyinc.com/springs.htm
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

baileyuph

Right on Dennis!

I will drop you some mail in the box today, you should get it this week.

Thanks, you the man!

Doyle

baileyuph

I suppose there is good news and bad news.  I finished the chair, spring and upholstery repair (spring damage) and announced ready for pickup.  The customer asked if it was ok to bring the other chair?

I said what does it need?  She said same thing!

Interesting, if the leather wasn't in decent condition, that chair or these chairs would have been history.

Maybe I shouldn't say there is bad news. :)

Doyle