Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 08:20:10 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Mfa convention

Started by Mike, August 05, 2012, 08:06:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

August 05, 2012, 08:06:49 am Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:26:15 am by MikeM8560
This January it's in cape coral Florida 2 towns south of me anyone plan on going? I've alway complained that it was too far but I'd like to go but I'm thinking of setting up again at our county boat show but it's the same weekend. Always has been.

needles eye

Sounds like an excellent opportunity and a viable tax deduction too. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. All depends on how big you're feeling in your own backyard i guess. Could be a real hoot with some fun folk down there. As Tilman wrote, "every hen loves the sound of it's own cackle". Little break away from the local waters mighty do you real good, mate ... 

8)

Mike

scarab29

Done the ifai convention a couple years ago but never the mfa. Think I will this year as I have a bud there I go to see a couple times a year. Thanks for the heads up Mike.  ;D
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

needles eye

Sounds cool ...

The only constant is change.

It grows as it goes.

Reckon it's a statement in itself going there instead of local this time 'round, Mike. Read a real estate book from up your way once, "Winning by Intimidation". Apparently it's a classic.

It's suggested bring a colouful display of photo captures, materials, samples, maybe even your spare machine too. Push for things that you enjoy making, are easy on the hands and heart, things that can make you the most money quickly and enjoyably.

Stay cool good buddy. Hope you have a great time!

Mike

Quote from: needles eye on August 07, 2012, 08:06:47 am
Sounds cool ...

The only constant is change.

It grows as it goes.

Reckon it's a statement in itself going there instead of local this time 'round, Mike.

Needles I havnt done the local show sence 2008. 2009 my father died just before the show and health prevented me doing it the last 2 years   And the e onmy it wasn't sucsesful going  But I'd like to again. But I've never been to the show would it be worth it for me? Maybe 20 years ago

regalman190

I'm thinking about going Mike.
Regal Canvas

needles eye

Yo Mike dunno bud if they can teach an old sea dog, who found a sewing machine at the dump to start with, any new tricks at the mfa show,  i kinda envisaged you having a stall there to drum up some choice work..  how much is enough?

However the cost and hassle of having a stall there could be prohibitive. Nice to see some mates there to chew the fat with 'though if you're just breezing through.

My thoughts are with you concerning your Dad. Who was a very special man, indeed. RIP.

Mine passed away about a year ago too. Keep your chin up. Shoulders back. It's OK and healthy to have an occasional good cry mate.

Every man is the fashioner of his own fortune. Your call. If you aren't feeling to big for your own backyard stay local. Get someone to have a stack of your biz cards to hand out for any enquires if you don't go 'though. Offer a spotters fee to them. Most people will do anything for beer.

In any event certainly a time of grief and mourning about this time of year for you and probably some projection and transference involved to. Things have a habit of working out. Sometimes the line of least resistance (or position of minimum effort) works fine to.

Listen to the still quiet voice. Non torsil subligarium (L.), don't get your knickers in a twist!

Mojo

Mike:

I may attend as well. It all depends on how busy I am at that time. Jan, Feb and March are typically nuts for me.

Chris

Mike

I'm thinking it may be time for me to do the local boat show again.
Got to keep my name out there   It's just as you know Chris I have a hard time talking and after a apointment with. Customer I'm physically  tired from it.  I hope anyone who down this way we can meet up so fat I've met 2 Canadian member howard and dave.