Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 10:12:16 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Olympics

Started by gene, August 01, 2012, 05:20:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

August 01, 2012, 05:20:04 am Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:20:47 am by gene
Do you think that Chinese lady swimmer is doped up more than a crack whore having a busy Saturday night?

Do you think NBC is just as incompetent and dishonest with their Olympic coverage as they are with their news?

Do you think Michael Phelps is amazing?

If the Olympic committee allowed Wojdan Ali Seraj Abdulrahim Shahrkhani of Saudi Arabia to wear her head scarf in the Judo competition, do you think they should also allow any man who wants to, to wear his jock strap on the outside of his shorts?

Do all the empty seats confirm that the Olympics are nothing more than a stage for corporations from around the world to make money and a dare for terrorists to "give it a go" (a bit of British lingo here)?

Would you rather watch any rerun of Wide World of Sports with Jim McCain that the Olympics?

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

I've always been a "stick & ball" sports fan. Give me 2 teams with a ball of some sort.

It numbs my brain to watch some gymnast on a balance beam. Unless one of them falls and straddles their crotch on the beam, they all look the same to me. Yet judges give them drastically different scores.

What Michael Phelps and crew have done is certainly amazing. But from a spectator standpoint, it's still just guys swimming from one end to the other. BORING!!!

I've caught a few highlights on ESPN. But my clicker has yet to land on the network coverage.

Quote from: gene on August 01, 2012, 05:20:04 am
Would you rather watch any rerun of Wide World of Sports with Jim McCain that the Olympics?

All I remember is the opening sequence where Jim Mckay would say "Share the thrill of victory......and the agony of defeat" while showing that poor sap racking himself as he launched off that ski ramp from a prostrate position.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

byhammerandhand

I was watching the women's floor exercise last night.  In the background was another team's gymnast on the balance beam.  Well, mostly, as I think she fell off twice.   I certainly could not even walk from one end to the other.

What amazes me most is the body builds for different sports.   Men gymnasts vs swimming vs. runners.  Woman gymnasts vs. volleyball vs. swimmers.    And I have not seen any of the weightlifting yet.   Fit all, but different.  I'd like to have that woman skeet shooter over for a while.   99 of 100 hits is amazing.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Mojo

Give me a plate full of wings, a basket of deep fried pickles, an ice cold diet coke and the scenery at Hooters and I will be happy.

:)

Chris

gene

http://www.businessinsider.com/video-nbc-spoiled-missy-franklins-tape-delayed-gold-medal-2012-7#ooid=dnaHVpNTpgaMCJbjpaAk1eZvOGJrKKGo

And disqualified for loosing - on purpose:

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/badminton/story/eight-badminton-players-expelled-from-olympics-for-throwing-matches-080112/?ocid=ansfox11

mojo: Instead of a "wing and a prayer", I see it's a "wing and a diet coke and a breast".

Who was it on this forum that said "women's floor exercises" should include a mop, broom, and dust pan"?

And in case you were busy the last century and missed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO_BnsrWMnI

gene

gene

August 08, 2012, 11:26:43 am #5 Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:34:54 am by gene
I just read where a man at the Olympics was arrested for not smiling. Seriously! He sat on a wall to watch the bike race. The race was approaching, and the cameras scanning the crowds showed that this guy was not smiling.

So, they arrested him and saved the day. Oh, wait a minute. He had Parkinson's disease that had resulted in rigidity of the muscles in his face. He was not capable of smiling. Message to any terrorists: make sure you do not have Parkinson's disease.

We're not allowed to make fun of people who have disabilities but it's OK to arrest them.

Did you see the Canadian soccer lady stomp on the head of the American soccer lady? How stupid do you have to be to think that you will not be video taped? Especially when you have a history of bad behavior. The only thing that would excuse such behavior is if she had downed 6 Molsens right before the match.  When her career is over I wonder if she will try to get a job with the Broadway play STOMP? Yea, right. Good luck with getting your green card.

And how about that spring board diver who did a back splash? If he had landed on his stomach I would have given him an 8.5 for a belly buster.

And how about Argentina's Campazzo punching Carmello Anthony in his family jewels? I bet as soon as the Olympics are over this 21 year old thug from Argentina will find himself signing an NBA contract.

Running that commercial with the monkey right after Gabby won the gold medal was typical liberal racism. Bob Costas is a company man so I did not think he would up and quit, but I bet you a dollar that he wanted to.
  Did you know that the Chinese use the word "monkey" to refer to black people as a normal part of their language? Do you think anyone associated with the Olympics does not know this?
  Typical NBC, ABC, CBS, and CNN racism! They do stuff like this, say it was an accident, and then call conservatives racist.

Any good news from the Olympics? Yep. The American tax payers are not forking out billions of dollars to host it.

Don't forget to visit your local upholstery business for all you furniture, auto, and boat upholstery needs.

gene

alge

I saw on the news that NBC. had been running live footage not live but many hours later. Seems like a bit of an own goal to me, i love watching the Olympics live at odd times of the day when its not in Britain.

I have so many arguments about how hosting the Olympics was a bad move for a country reeling from economic hell. But i guess they are a symptom of how reckless spending and money management undertaken on behalf of the masses by the fiscally immune elite...............................ok ok sorry  :o, It cost a lot, a lot we dont got.

on the other hand

Who cares we are third in the medal tables and team G.B. finally found the winning form all over the place. We may have a home advantage that cost a lot, a lot we dont got but its worked, I dont know about it being good for the Upholstery business yet but who cares.

I have to admit that i have warmed to the awesome vibe that the games bring and the 80% of seats occupation has increased as the games have gone on. The competitors are a true inspiration. There has been very little news mention of security issues which is good.

I'm very much enjoying it all.

Alex

byhammerandhand

I find Mary Carillo really a really funny and entertaining person.   I'd like to see her more regularly.   Too bad there is no program on NBC that I ever watch, with the exception of the summer run of 30 Rock and America's Got [sic] Talent.

And I'd like to see some of the more obscure sports other than endless gymnastics and swimming.   200m archery, anyone?
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

fragged8

I live about an hour and a half from London and to be honest couldn't be less interested, just imagine how may people we could feed with the money spent on the games.
Anyway, from what I have seen the enthusiasm is great. And for me there was only one sport in the Olympics, Beach Volleyball :-)  now there's a real spectator sport I can get used to.

Considering all the problems that have plagued other Olympic events I do think the UK has done a really good job with little or no problems, delivered on time and under budget.

Rich

Mike

The other day and today I saw some at lunch at the local deli.
Yesterday they had we on Dan ing with a 4' stick and a long ribbon on it spinning around and twirling the ribon in the air    ;D and today we on dancing with a hulahoop  come on realy  Olympic  hulahoop  :o

Mojo

Quote from: fragged8 on August 11, 2012, 09:37:47 am
I live about an hour and a half from London and to be honest couldn't be less interested, just imagine how may people we could feed with the money spent on the games.

Rich:

I read an article that stated a lot of Brits left town and went on holidays to other countries.

I can remember when we lived in Bristol, TN when the fall NASCAR race rolled around they would stick an extra 250 K people into a town that has the infrastructure for 70 K. We went out to eat and shop right before the green flag dropped. The streets, stores and restaurants were all empty at this time. We had friends who used to rent out rooms in their homes and some even rented out apartments for the race weekend.

Typically I was contacted by friends a few months in advance looking for a room. I can remember putting up 5 race buddies once at our home.

I hate to admit that I have not watched one Olympic event. :(

Chris