Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 07:22:54 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Covers

Started by Mike, July 27, 2012, 07:04:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Heres a snap On full cover on a hurricane with a skipilon and a motor cover  done this week

And a couple covers on mine

Peppy

Right on Mike! Nice work!
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Mojo

Excellent Mike. As always your work is awesome.

Chris

baileyuph

Mike,
I enjoyed reviewing the green covers because it took attention to detail and of course experience that look and fit.  Very professional!

On the edges, did you sew a binding on?  My computer suggest that.  If so, did you sew a reinforcent also along the edge before binding and adding the snaps.

Again, very nice work!  I would like to follow you around a while on that marine stuff, I can see you have mastered the trade and fully understand the characteristics of materials involved. 

The green cover again, you made two covers and then joined them, it appears.  Good idea as it makes it easier to gain protection and the appearance is impressive.

Thread, did you use a 92 polyester or one of the more technically developed and more expensive threads?

Doyle

Mike

July 28, 2012, 08:40:54 am #4 Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:41:50 am by MikeM8560
Thanks Doyle it is 2 seperate covers not joined  yes there is binding and 1" webbing to reinfoce the snaps here is another pic

Ps v92 sunguard thread i can resew easy enough

baileyuph

Mike,

Binding with reinforcement, young man you are very good, I almost know for sure you applied that binding manually but it looks like it passed through a genuine binder.

OK Mike, I have to say that you aren't just good at what you do................................................................................not all, but your great!!!!!!!!!!!   You have paid your dues and then some.

Mike, I recall you have a little 111W155/156, but what is your newer machine?  I think you told us one time?  I bet you can manually bind equally well with either machine.  You did mention using a folder one time, in your binding work, didn't you?

BTW, does your 111W top loader wrap thread real bad like being discussed by some here?

Doyle

Mike

Not band doyle i have thoose cheap general folders.
Ihad a old singer post mschine and a singer with anroller wheel and found that this didntnwork andninneeded a walker years ago so i traded in one for a 111w155 back about 92 the 11w i still have and love it. Probly 26 years ago i traded the wheel in and got a juki156 a copy of the 111w155 only it has reverse.
And not that tounge ill be 52 next sunday 8 days from now.

JuneC

Quote from: MikeM8560 on July 28, 2012, 07:02:31 pm
And not that tounge ill be 52 next sunday 8 days from now.

Say what?   :o   Seems like just yesterday you were 49  :-X

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

Time flys when your having fun;)

Mojo

Dang Mike. 52 ? Heck your old enough to be my Dad. :)

Happy Birthday.

Chris

baileyuph

July 29, 2012, 06:30:17 am #10 Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 06:34:11 am by DB
So nice to wish you a happy birthday Mike. Fifty-two, how nice, you know what they say..........something like the older the berry the sweeter the .......!

Your in your prime, keep on pasting photos of that work, very encouraging for someone wishing to be, like me.  I think it has been said and maybe should be said again, the machine doesn't make the expert, the expert makes the machine.  You make any machine look good!

Doyle

Darren Henry

QuoteDang Mike. 52 ? Heck your old enough to be my Dad.

::) Uhmm--Col. I still have the clearance to check your JARHEAD records.(Yes I was at attention and said that with respect) . Didn't you mean uncle  :P

At that age Mike can't take too much teasing. He 'll be too upset to finish his jello, and I can't afford to send him some of my old shirts when he looses all that weight.

Happy birthday my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! make John cook tonight!!!LOL
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

Doyle i wont say im better then most here ive just been doung this aehile and have cigured out how to get it done. In good time and make a living thanks for the happy burthdsy early and mojo  oundnt we be brothers? I thought i be the younger no?
Hey Darren